Queen Anne's County
|Death: ||Jan., 1809|
North Carolina, USA
8 Oct 1758 married Hannah Dockery in St. Luke's Parish, Queen Anne's County, Maryland.
After the death of his wife, Hannah, John moved to North Carolina with his children and his father-in-law, Col. Thomas Dockery.
Shortly after moving to North Carolina he married Nancy Wall.
Revolutionary War Patriot. DAR # A016813
His will was written 12 March 1803 in Richmond Co., North Carolina.
JOHN & HANNAH DOCKERY'S CHILDREN:
1) MATTHEW COVINGTON (1760-1839) married Sally Covington, daughter of Henry Covington & wife Elizabeth.
2) HANNAH COVINGTON (1762-) married Samuel Covington, son of Henry Covington & wife, Elizabeth.
3) SARAH 'SALLY' COVINGTON, twin (1766-) married William McDowell
4) MARY 'MOLLY' COVINGTON, twin (1766-1825) married Stephen Thomas, son of William 'Ram Billy' Thomas and Hannah Pratt Thomas.
JOHN & NANCY WALL'S (1756-1826) CHILDREN:
1) JOHN WALL COVINGTON (1772-1809) married an Elizabeth. He died a few months after his father.
2) ANN COVINGTON (1773-1847) married Robert H. Thomas, son of Rev. Robert Thomas.
3) ELIZABETH COVINGTON (1773-1883) married John Cole (Jr.)
4) BENJAMIN C. COVINGTON (1775-1855)married 1) Nancy Coulter, 2) Hannah Everett
5) JAMES COVINGTON (1777-1858)
6) WILLLIAM WALL COVINGTON (1777-1858) married Mary 'Polly' Smith Covington.
7) HENRY COVINGTON (abt.1777-1815) married Winifred Stone.
8) REBECCA COVINGTON ( -1825) married James Smith
9) THOMAS B. COVINGTON (1790-1857)married 1) Jane Thomas, daughter of William (Ram Billy) Thomas. Married 2) Miss Stancil.
Hannah Dockery Covington (1740 - 1767)*
Mary Covington Thomas (1766 - 1825)*
Created by: CH
Record added: Dec 05, 2012
Find A Grave Memorial# 101788543
Added: May. 13, 2013
Added: Apr. 16, 2013
In honor of my 5x great grandfather and your part in our great nation gaining it's independance.|
Added: Feb. 20, 2013