|Birth: ||1865, Ukraine|
|Death: ||Dec. 12, 1932|
He was born 1865 in Konotop, Ukraine, the son of Julius/Judah and Hilda/Hoda Agron. The name was originally Agronsky, but was Americanized to Agron.
He married 1st, Ukraine, to ______ Shapiro.
He married 2nd, Ukraine, to Rebecca Brezhinski [b. 1870; d. 3 Sep 1935, Kansas City, Jackson Co., MO; buried Kehilath Israel. Her nickname was "Bessie" as given on daughter Sarah's death certificate.]
Aaron and Rebecca brought their family to America in 1905 on the S.S. Moltke, which sailed from Hamburg, Germany. They arrived at Ellis Island on Jun 12, 1905.
S.S. Moltke ship manifest of passengers:
0004. Agroziski, Aron M 47y M Russia, Hebrew Nogorzencik
Aron Agronsky, 47, butcher, can read & write, Russian Hebrew from Novocisk, destination St. Joseph, MO, has relative son-in-law Hirsch Czernikaw in Philadelphia, PA.
0005. Agroziski, Bastewe [Rebecca] F 35y M Russia, Hebrew Nogorzencik
Bash---, 35, in hospital, then discharged, can't read or write,
[Elke was identified on the manifest as a married daughter]
0006. Czernikaw, Elke F 23y M Russia, Hebrew Nogorzencik Czernigow
Elke , 23, going to Phila., PA to join husband Hirsch Czernikaw
0007. Agroziski, Alexander M 3y 6m S Russia, Hebrew Nogorzencik
Alexander Agronsky, 3
0008. Agroziski, Sara F 7m S Russia, Hebrew Nogorzencik
Aaron/Orlich's son Frank also came 1905 on another ship to Philadelphia, bringing Sandor/Samuel Agron's 11-year-old son Cassel and other children.
They were listed on the 1910 census living in St. Joseph, Buchanan Co., Missouri. Aaron's parents lived a few doors away with his married sister Lea Dolginoff. Aaron is working as a kosher butcher:
1910 Buchanan Co., MO, St. Joseph 5th WD, p. 49
Orlich Agronsky, 49, m1 of 22 yrs, Russia (Yiddish), Russia (Yiddish), Russia (Yiddish), alien came 1905, speaks English, butcher
Rebecca, 36, same as Orlich, but speaks Yiddish
Soffie, 15, clerk, b. Russia speaks English, b. 1895, came 1905
Itse, 13, son, b. Russia, speaks English, b. 1897, came 1905
Annie, 11, b. Russia, b. 1899, came 1905
Samuel, 8, b. Russia, b. 1902, came 1905
Sarah, 6, MO
Bessie, 4, MO
Harry Agron, 21, nephew, alien came 1905, speaks English, clothing salesman
Terpa Agron, 18, niece, came 1910 from Hun Romania, dry goods saleslady
Isador Goldsfun?, 75, boarder
Annie Isinburg, 24, roomer Annie Eisburg/Eisberg?
Mollie Isinburg, 20, roomer Mollie Eisburg/Eisberg?
Their married son Frank was two doors away:
Frank Agron, 23, alien came 1905, Russia (Yiddish) etc., machine operator
Samuel Kashingok, 24, roomer
In 1920, they were still in St. Joseph, now with only three children at home:
1920 Buchanan Co., MO, St. Joseph, 6th WD, p. 85
A. Agron, 50, alien came 1905, Russia Jewish, Russia Russia
Rebecca, 45, alien came 1905, Russia Jewish
Ohr, 22, alien came 1905, Russia Jewish
Samuel, 20, alien came 1905, Russia Jewish
Bessie, 14, MO
Children by first wife _____ Shapiro:
1. Louis Agron, b. 1880, Ukraine; m. 1st to Rose ______ [b. 1892]; m. 2nd 1907, MO to Sarah Ruth Litman [b. 1888 Ukraine or Russia]; he died 15 Oct 1942, Kansas City, MO, aged about 60; buried Kehilath Israel Blue Ridge Cemetery. Occupation tailor. He became a naturalized citizen on 4 Mar 1912 in St. Joseph, MO. Informant for death certificate was Gus Agron of Kansas City.
2. Elke Agron, b. 1882, Ukraine; m. Hirsch Chernikoff. They arrived 1905 Ellis Island and declared their intention to go to Philadelphia, PA.
3. Frank Agron, b. 1887, Novgorod, Seversk, Ukraine; he came to America in 1905; m. 1908 in St Joseph, MO to his 1st cousin Frieda Horowitz [b. 1887 in Ukraine]; d. 26 Jun 1945, Kansas City, MO; buried Kehilath Israel Blue Ridge Cemetery.
Children by Rebecca Brezhinski:
4. Lena Agron, b. 1895, Ukraine. She came to America with her brother Frank in 1905; m. about 1914, St. Joseph, MO to Abraham Eisen [b. 15 Apr 1890, Ukraine/Russia; d. 6 Apr 1939, Kansas City, MO; buried Mount Carmel cemetery]; she was living in Kansas City, MO in 1939.
5. Sophia (Shifra) Agron, b. 1894, Ukraine; m. to 1st cousin Jake Dolginoff [b. 1891, Ukraine; son of Meyer and Lea (Agron) Dolginoff].
6. Irvin (Ike) Agron, b. 5 Oct 1896, Konotop, Ukraine; came to America in 1905 with parents; m. 14 Feb 1926, Kansas City, MO to Frances Golinsky [b. 1 Apr 1904, Odessa, Ukraine]; he d. 21 Mar 1993, Kansas City, MO.
7. Anna Esther Agron, b. 24 Jul 1898, Ukraine; came to America in 1905 with parents; m. 1917 to Samuel Benjamin Hoffman [b. 15 May 1897]; she d. 1972.
8. Sam (Sandor) Agron, b. 25 Aug 1899, Bachmach, Ukraine; m. 11 Mar 1928 to Betty Goldman [b. 8 Jun 1908, St Louis, MO; he d. 9 Jun 1958, Kansas City, MO; buried Mount Carmel cemetery.
9. Alexander Agron, b. 1901, Ukraine. He was 3 years and 6 months old when he arrived at Ellis Island with his parents in June 1905. He apparently died before the 1910 census. He would have been buried at Shaare Sholem cemetery, St. Joseph, MO where his sister Sarah was buried in 1910.
10. Sarah Agron, b. 20 Apr 1904, Kansas City, MO; she came to America with her parents in 1905; died 23 Nov 1910, St. Joseph, MO, age 6, of meningitis. Buried Shaare Shalom Cemetery.
11. Bess Agron, b. 18 Jan 1906, St Joseph, MO; m. 19 Jun 1927, Kansas City, MO, to Max Kopin [b. 1 Sep 1901, Poland]. They had three children.
Julius Judah Agron (1832 - 1910)
Hilda Hoda Eisberg Agron (1829 - 1924)
Rebecca Brezhinski Agron (1870 - 1935)
Louis Agron (1880 - 1942)*
Frank Agron (1887 - 1945)*
Lena Agron Eisen (1895 - 1981)*
Irvin Agron (1896 - 1993)*
Sam Agron (1899 - 1958)*
Anna Agron Hoffman (1899 - 1977)*
Alexander Agron (1901 - 1909)*
Sarah Agron (1904 - 1910)*
Samuel Sandor Agron (1863 - 1929)*
Lea Agron Dolginoff (1864 - 1923)*
Aaron Orlich Agron (1865 - 1932)
Harry Hillel Agron (1867 - 1957)*
Harry Hirsch Agron (1879 - 1951)*
Hannah Emma Agron Eisberg (1883 - 1924)*
Kehilath Israel Blue Ridge Cemetery
Created by: Bev Golden
Record added: Jun 29, 2011
Find A Grave Memorial# 72196474