|Birth: ||1832, Russian Federation|
|Death: ||Sep. 22, 1910|
Julius's Hebrew name was Judah. For his English name he used variously Julius, Jake, Gene (Eugene).
His son reported on his death certificate that his parents were Aaron and Stattie (Eisman) Agronsky of Russia. His children usually gave their birthplaces as the Ukraine, which was considered part of Russia at that time.
He married Hoda (English name Hilda) Eisberg in the Ukraine and all of their children were born there. Probably all of them didn't come to America.
The first known of the family to immigrate was his and Hilda's daughter Louise (Leah) Dolginoff who arrived 26 Nov 1904 at Ellis Island with the children giving their last residence as London, going to her husband M. Dolginow in St. Joseph, MO, 222 So. 8th Street. They arrived on the Campania.
According to the 1910 census, Julius/Jake and Hilda/Hoda arrived in 1906. In 1910, they were living in St. Joseph, Buchanan Co., MO with Louise and her family:
1910 Buchanan Co., MO, St. Joseph 5th WD, p. 49
Myer Dolingnoff, 47, m1 27 yrs, nat'd came 1904, Rus Yiddish, tailor
Louise, 46, 9 chdn; 7 living, came 1905, Rus Yiddish
Jake Agronsky, 75, m1 55 yrs, came 1906, speaks Yiddish, Rus Yiddish, Rus Yiddish, Rus Yiddish,
Hoda, 75. 11 chdn; 9 living, came 1906, speaks Yiddish, Rus Yiddish, Rus Yiddish, Rus Yiddish,
Julius died on 22 Sep 1910, in St. Joseph, and was buried 23 Sep 1910, Shaare Sholem Cemetery, St. Joseph.
In 1920, Hilda was living in Kansas City, MO with son Harry and his family:
1920 Jackson Co., MO, Kansas City, 5th WD, p. 202
Harry Agron, 47, nat'd, came 1908, Russia Russia Russia speaks Yiddish, proprietor grocery store
Sophie, 40, came 1908, Russia Yiddish
Jacob, 16, Russia
Harry, 14, Russia
Eugene, 8, MO
Annie, 15, niece, Russia
Hody, 80, MOTHER, Russia Yiddish
Hilda died 1924 in Kansas City, age 95, and was buried at Kehilath Blue Ridge.
1. Shmuel Labe Agronsky, b.c. 1856
2. Fedor Agronsky, b.c. 1858
3. Mendel Agronsky, b.c. 1860
4. Unknown Agronsky, b.c. 1861
5. Devorah Agron, b. 1862; m. 1886 to Morris Horowitz; she d. 1889, Russia, but her daughter Frieda Horowitz came to America with her aunt Lea Dolginoff and married her cousin Frank Agron, son of Aaron Orlick Agron.
6. Samuel (Sandor) Agron, b. 1863, Bachmach, Ukraine. Came 1913 on Carmania. Married Rose Bummowitz
7. Louise (Leah) Agron, b. 1864, Konotop, Ukraine; m. Myer Itzchak Dolginoff [b. Dec 1862, Russia; d. 10 Jan 1923, St. Joseph, Buchanan Co., MO; buried Shaare Sholem Cemetery]; she died 26 Apr 1923, St. Joseph, Buchanan Co., MO, aged 60; buried Share Sholem Cemetery. Came 1904.
8. Aaron (Orlich) Agron, b. 1865, Konotop, Ukraine; m. 1st to _____ Shapiro; m. 2nd to Rebecca Brahinsky [b. 1870; d. 3 Sep 1935, Kansas City, Jackson Co., MO]; he d. December 12, 1932, Kansas City, Jackson Co., MO; buried Kehilath Israel Blue Ridge Cemetery.
He came to America in 1905 on the Moltke from Hamburg.
9. Harry (Hillel) Agron, b. 1867, Konotop, Ukraine, 15 Sep 1883, Russia; m. Sophie Sonya Chernikoff [b. 15 Apr 1881, Russia; d. 18 Sep 1951, Kansas City, Jackson Co., MO at Menorah Hospital, aged 70 years. Buried Kehilath Israel Blue Ridge Cemetery]; d. 14 Oct 1957, Kansas City, Jackson Co., MO; buried Kehilath Israel Blue Ridge Cemetery, Independence, Jackson Co., MO.
Came to America in 1906.
10. Harry (Hershel) Agron, b. 1881; m. Anna Bruestein; d. 1 Jan 1951, St. Joseph, Buchanan Co., MO, aged about 71 buried Shaare Sholem Cemetery, St. Joseph, MO.
Came to America in 1913.
11. Emma (Hannah) Agron, b. 1883, Noverty, Ukraine; m.c. 1905 to Meyer Isaac Eisberg [b. 1877, Ukraine (then part of Russia); d. 5 Oct 1930, Fulton, Callaway Co., MO; buried Kehilath Israel Blue Ridge Cemetery, Independence, Jackson Co., MO; probably son of Jacob and Anna Eisberg]; she d. 30 Oct 1924, Rochester, Olmsted Co., Minnesota; buried Kehilath Israel Blue Ridge Cemetery, Independence, Jackson Co., MO.
She came to America in 1903.
Meyer Eisberg was probably the brother of Harry Eisburg who is also buried at Kehilath Israel Blue Ridge Cemetery.
1910 census, Kansas City Ward 7, Jackson, Missouri
Head Meyer Eisberg M 52 b. Russia; immigrated 1903
Wife Hannah Eisberg F 31 b. Russia; immigrated 1903
Daughter Helen Eisberg F 4 Missouri
Son Harry Eisberg M 0 Missouri
1920 census, Kansas City Ward 7, Jackson, Missouri
Head Emma Eisberg F 37 Russia
Daughter Helena Eisberg F 13 Missouri
Son Willie Eisberg M 9 Missouri
Daughter Juliet Eisberg F 3 Missouri
1920 census, State Hospital #1, Fulton, Callaway Co., MO
Meyer Eisburg, 36, inmate, born Russia; parents b. Russia
1930 census, State Hospital #1, Fulton, Callaway, Missouri
Meyer Eisberg, 53, patient, b. US
1) Helen F. Eisberg, b. 1903, Kansas City, Jackson Co., MO; m. 10 Jun 1912, Jackson Co., MO to Samuel A. Ruben [b. 1888];
1930 census, Kansas City, Jackson Co., MO
Head Sam A Ruben M 42 Missouri
Wife Helen F Ruben F 38 Russia
Daughter Ruth H Ruben F 17 Missouri
Son Paul S Ruben M 14 Missouri
Son Barney Ruben M 6 Missouri
Daughter Elizabeth Rae C Ruben F 1 Missouri
Nephew William H Eisberg M 18 Missouri
Lodger Josephine M Gentzach F 76 Ohio
2) William Harry Eisberg, b. 1910, Kansas City, Jackson Co., MO
1930 he was living with his sister Helen Ruben.
3) Juliet Eisberg, b. 1911 or 20 Dec 1916, Kansas City, Jackson Co., MO; m. 12 Jun 1938, Los Angeles, CA to Irving Molho [b. 1911; son of Eli Molho and Beela Cohen]; she d. 29 Dec 1993, Los Angeles, CA.
Hilda Hoda Eisberg Agron (1829 - 1924)
Samuel Sandor Agron (1863 - 1929)*
Lea Agron Dolginoff (1864 - 1923)*
Aaron Orlich Agron (1865 - 1932)*
Harry Hillel Agron (1867 - 1957)*
Harry Hirsch Agron (1879 - 1951)*
Hannah Emma Agron Eisberg (1883 - 1924)*
Shaare Sholem Cemetery
Maintained by: Bev Golden
Originally Created by: Kelly
Record added: May 04, 2009
Find A Grave Memorial# 36724752
|Photos may be scaled.|
Click on image for full size.