|Birth: ||Nov. 27, 1711|
New London County
|Death: ||Dec. 19, 1805|
New London County
Lived on land inheirited from his father, later occupied by
grandson,Samuel F. Baker. On January 29, 1794, gifted all his
real estate to son, Elisha
IV. GIDEON (14), b. 27 Nov., 1711, son of Joshua
Baker and Marian Hurlburt; m. 1st, Lois Rogers, supposed
daughter of Daniel Rogers; 2d, Thankful (Bliss) Tuttle, relict of
Daniel Tuttle and dan. of Peletiah Bliss. She had one son
by her first husband, Peletiah, who married Betsey Swaddle,
~Nov., 1783. Gideon Baker was a farmer, and lived on the
farm bequeathed to him by his father, and later occupied by
his grandson, Samuel F. Baker. A few years before his
death, 29 Jan., 1791, he conveyed by deed of gift all his real
estate to his son, Elisha, reserving a life lease of the same. He
died 19 Dec, 1805. His last wife died of small pox, and
was buried on the farm where they lived.
Children by first wife.
41. Gideon, b.
15. Abigail, b. about 1741; died unmarried 11 Oct., 1822.
46. Lois, b. about 1751; m. Edward White.
17. Marian, b. about 1757; m. Elijah Parish.
48. Samuel, b.
Children by second wife.
1 (Thankful Bliss Tuttle)
.". Alpheus, b. 7 Oct., 17G3; died unmarried.
50. Sabra, b. Jan., 1765; m. 1st, Joseph Chapman; 2d,
51. Lebbeus, b. 20 May, 1767; m. Mary Chapel.
52. Lemuel, b. April, 1769; m. 1st, Bethia Comstock; 2d,
53. Elisha, b. 8 Jan., 1771; m. Bathsheba Adams.
51. Bliss, b. 22 July, 1773; m. Abagail Bolles.
Joshua Baker (1677 - 1740)
Gideon Baker (1711 - 1805)
James Baker (1714 - 1795)*
Ann Baker Hammond (1716 - 1755)*
Asa Baker (1726 - 1816)*
Body lost or destroyed
Specifically: Buried on the Baker farm in Montville, CT
Created by: Betty L. Schmidt
Record added: Dec 28, 2013
Find A Grave Memorial# 122333553