|Birth: ||Aug. 18, 1778|
North Carolina, USA
|Death: ||May 1, 1862|
The eighth of nine children born to Captain William & Elizabeth (King) Alexander of Lancaster Co PA and late of Greene Co TN, Stephen married Sarah Kennedy on 23 Aug 1803 in Greene Co TN, daughter of Daniel and Margaret (Hughes) Kennedy of VA, late of Greene Co TN.
Children by Sarah:
1) Mary Alexander (1804-1876), m1: Jacob T Wyrick, m2: Sylvanus Willis.
2) Thomas King Alexander (1806-1865), m: Hester "Hetty" McCord.
3) Jane Alexander (1810-1861), m: Alexander Laughlin.
4) William King Alexander (1812-1866), m: Isabelle Abgail Johnson.
5) John Alexander (1814-1886), m: Mary "Polly" Kilgore.
6) Margaret Alexander (b: 1816), m: Mr Sexton.
7) Katherine Alexander (b: 1820)
8) George W Alexander (b: 1822), m: Ruth Dobson.
Stephen was a farmer and owned land at the Buckingham Ford along the Nolachucky River. He is my paternal 4th Gr-Grand Uncle.
William Alexander (1739 - 1828)
Elizabeth King Alexander (1737 - 1817)
Sarah Kennedy Alexander (1788 - 1870)
John Alexander (1814 - 1886)*
William King Alexander (1776 - 1841)**
Stephen King Alexander (1778 - 1862)
Note: Assumed to be buried with parents.
Zion Presbyterian Church Cemetery
Created by: Bonnie's Daughter
Record added: Dec 31, 2012
Find A Grave Memorial# 102877074