West Virginia, USA
John Mason Anderson was born 06 Oct 1835 to Caroline Elizabeth Ward b 31 May 1813 d 12 May 1891, age 77 years, and, James Madison Anderson b 31 Mar 1809 d 24 May 1891 Brookfield, Linn County, Missouri, just 12 days after his wife's death.
John Mason had 10 siblings:
- Caroline b 1833 d 1865, on 11 Sep 1859, Macon County, Illinois she married Thomas Dodd b 1836, Pickaway, son of Margaret Watson and Jonathan Dodd.
- Melina J. b 1836 in Nottoway County, Virginia; 28 Dec 1854 in Nottoway, married G. A. Mann, this family still being researched.
- James b 1840, still being researched.
- Walter b 1843, still being researched.
- Priscilla b 15 Aug 1845 d 13 Jul 1912 in Illinois; married Albert White b Dec 1844, England, his parents were Sarah (Maiden) and Christopher White; Priscilla and Albert had 2 children.
- Eliza Jane b 1847, 04 Jan 1866 in Shelby, Indiana, married Joshua Milton Roe b 1846, Johnson County, Indiana d 1900, his parents were Elizabeth Jacobs b 1820 and Joshua B. Roe b 1822 d 1856. To this union 2 sons were born:
James R. b 1867, married Addie, they had a son, Pearl b 1900, John b 1908, Richard b 1910 and Robert b 1912; and
John A. b Mar 1870, on 09 Jan 1837 in Pittsylvania, Virginia he married Martha R. "Mattie" Bigger; in 1910 they were living in Philadelphia Pennsylvania.
- Angeline b 1850, twin of Josephine, believe she either married or died prior to 1870 Census as she was not listed but her twin was.
- Josephine b 1850, twin of Angeline, she was living with her parents in 1870, she was just 20 years in the 1870 Census, being researched whether or not she married.
- Winfield S. b 1852 in Ohio by age 18 he had lived in Illinois and Missouri prior to returning to Ohio in 1870, by 1910 Census had moved to Ballona, Los Angeles, California where he died 24 Jul 1919. Married Eliza A. (Maiden) Anderson b 1851; to this union 2 sons were born, Ralph W. b 1883; in 1910 Census he was age 27 still living with parents as was his brother, James Roy b 01 Oct 1884, he was age 25 in 1910 Census.
- Aman H b 1855 d 1874, Age 19 years old.
In 1856 John M. married Nancy Carol Williams b 11 Feb 1837 d 1918 in Lobelia, Pocahontas County, West Virginia, age 80 years, she died just 6 years after the death of John M., who died 20 Oct 1911 in Lobelia, age 76 years. Together they led a full life.
West Virginia, USA
Maintained by: Susan Bruffey Lehman
Originally Created by: Ed Gibson
Record added: Nov 25, 2009
Find A Grave Memorial# 44779856
Added: Dec. 8, 2010