|Birth: ||May 26, 1856|
|Death: ||Sep. 9, 1937|
Martha Abigail "Mollie" Funderburg wed Isaac Franklin Abercrombie in 1871 at St. Clair, Co., AL.
At the time of the marriage, Isaac was living at home with his mother, Nancy Jane (Dowdy) Abercrombie and was farming the old homestead on Wolf Creek Road, St. Clair Co., AL. By 1880 he had his own farm in St. Clair Co, AL and he and Mollie had 3 children living in the household. Also living in the household was his widowed mother, 60 Y/O Nancy Jane (Dowdy) Abercrombie).
Judging from the progressive birth places and birth dates of their children, Mollie and her family remained in St. Clair Co., AL until the time period between 1888 and 1896. They moved to McNairy Co., TN (southern Tennessee) during this period and purchased farm land. Mollie remained there until her death on 09 Sep 1937. The 1930 US Census of McNairy Co., TN taken in April showed Mollie living alone with her bachelor son, Joseph M. Abercrombie. He died two months after the 1930 census was enumerated.
The children of Isaac Franklin and Mollie (Funderburg) Abercrombie were:
1) Nancy Abercrombie b. 1874 Alabama, d. Bef. 1974
2) Martha Abercrombie b. 1876 Alabama, m. 1894 Joel D. Smith
3) Joseph M. Abercrombie b. 18 Jul 1879 Alabama, d. 08 Jul 1930 Michie, McNairy, Tennessee, m. Never married
4) Ella Abercrombie b. September 1883 Alabama
5) James Abercrombie b. November 1888 Alabama, d. May 1967 Foreman, Little River Co., AR.
6) Fannie F. Abercrombie b. May 1896 Tennessee
7) Delsie M. Abercrombie b. 1904 Tennessee, d. Bef. 2004
1) "Abercrombie" by Hosmer Branscomb Abercrombie (1905-1991), Undated, Self published.
Bio by Gresham Farrar.
Isaac Franklin Abercrombie (1854 - 1929)
Pleasant Site Cemetery
Maintained by: Gresham Farrar
Originally Created by: Mike Daley
Record added: May 10, 2012
Find A Grave Memorial# 89898072
She is Martha Abigail (Mollie) Funderberg Abercrombie, wife of Isaac|
Added: Oct. 12, 2013