|Birth: ||Mar. 12, 1823|
North Carolina, USA
|Death: ||Apr. 21, 1909|
Milo is my GGG Grandfather, I feel such a connection to him. he died long before I was born, but i love him.
a little of his life and his writings ...
Milo Talbert lost his Wife, daughter and Mother from cholera in July of 1849. we find a writting from Milo of his great loss ...
In TALBOTT TREE - Volume #29 there is a letter dated 1963, part
of which states: 'The following is from a copy written by Milo Talbert
in 1909 when he was 86 yrs old and shortly before his death which
occured (sic) in April of that year. 'My Father, William Talbert, was
born in Guilford Co.,NC...Father had three brothers who also came West
and made homes in Ohio and Indiana, Thomas, Joseph and Jessee...When Mother
first met Father the family name was Bull, which she and probably others
among them did not like very well, so they had it changed to Talbert,
which I think was Father's mothers maiden name. Mother died of Cholera
in 1849, as did also my first wife and our two year old daughter. Father
died in 1856 or 1857...'"
Jo Anne Magee
The above letter seems to be simular in to another writting by Milo done at the same time. The following was found in our family bible ( perhaps it was to long so Milo shortened it for the talbott tree version)
My Aunt Roberta Is the holder of our Family Bible and kindly Transcribed the following written by my 3x great grandfather Milo Talbert.
A short history written by Milo Talbert a short time before his death in 1909 follows:
ďFather, William Talbert was born in the southern part of N. Carolina and Mother Miriam Gardner in Guilford County N.C. When father was about grown he went into Guilford to attend school and so they became acquainted and were married early in the year 1806. Father worked for motherís father Eliab Gardner one year for one hundred dollars, and then they with quite a number of relatives moved in wagons to the western part of Ohio. Bought 40 acres of government land in the green woods, on which they made a home where they lived about 7 years when they sold it and moved to Estern (six) Indiana and bought 80 acres of timbered land in what is now Union County on which they made a home and lived several years, when they bought an adjoining 80 acre farm considerably improved, on which they spent the remainder of their lives. They raised ten children, lost the youngest in infancy. Father had three brothers who also came west, and made homes in Ohio and Indiana, Thomas, Joseph, and Jessee. Left one John in N.C., his family also coming with the rest of them. He was a Dr and didnít seem to think enough of his family to leave the south to come with them although I thought Aunt Betsy, as we called her, and her children were pretty nice. When mother first met Father, the family name was Berle (or Besle hard to make out), which she and probably others among them didnít like very well, so they had it changed to Talbert, which I think was Fatherís motherís maiden name. Her name as I remember her was Beeson, so we called her granny Beeson and Motherís mother, Grandmother Gardner. Eliab was Grand Father Gardnerís name, and their children were Lydia Wickersham, Phebe Huddleston, Anna Brattain, Miriam Talbert, William and Richard ner, and Elizabeth Gardner whose husband was of the same name. Aaron Gardner (this name added later in pencil). ď
Spouse 1: Milo Talbert
Spouse 2: Verlinda Symons
Marriage Date: 12 Oct 1893
Original Source Page: 167
Descendants of Richard Bull*
Generation No. 1
1. RICHARD1 BULL* was born 1744, and died October 30, 1789. He married (1) MARY TALBOT*, daughter of BENJAMIN VLGTALBOT and ELIZABETH BALL. She was born Abt. 1745, and died Aft. 1833. He married (2) UNKNOWN.
Children of RICHARD BULL* and MARY TALBOT* are:
2. i. WILLIAM BULL2 TALBERT*, b. January 02, 1786, North Carolina USA; d. April 01, 1854.
3. ii. THOMAS BULL TALBERT, b. November 28, 1769, Guilford Co., NC; d. August 18, 1841, Preble Co., OH.
4. iii. JESSE BULL TALBERT, b. September 03, 1783; d. 1866.
5. iv. JOHN BULL TALBERT, b. December 28, 1771.
6. v. JOSEPH BULL TALBERT, b. August 13, 1774, Randolph, North Carolina.
Generation No. 2
2. WILLIAM BULL2 TALBERT* (RICHARD1 BULL*) was born January 02, 1786 in North Carolina USA, and died April 01, 1854. He married MIRIAM GARDNER* March 06, 1806 in Deep River, North Carolina USA, daughter of ELIAB GARDNER and SARAH STANTON. She was born July 18, 1789, and died July 23, 1849.
Children of WILLIAM TALBERT* and MIRIAM GARDNER* are:
7. i. MILO M3 TALBERT, b. March 12, 1823, my 3rd GGF; d. April 21, 1909.
8. ii. ANNA TALBERT, b. December 26, 1806, N Carolina.
9. iii. SARAH TALBERT, b. April 16, 1810.
10. iv. ELIHU TALBERT, b. March 31, 1812, Indiana; d. 1866.
v. CYRUS C TALBERT, b. April 11, 1814; m. SUSAN M PADDOCK, January 11, 1837, Wayne co indiana; b. Abt. 1815, ohio.
11. vi. JABEZ TALBERT, b. February 18, 1816.
12. vii. MARY GARDNER TALBERT, b. August 17, 1817.
13. viii. SYLVANUS TALBERT, b. May 16, 1819, Indiana.
ix. AARON S TALBERT, b. May 19, 1821; m. EMELINE H WOLF, October 29, 1846, Union Co,Indiana,USA; b. Abt. 1825.
14. x. ALVIN C TALBERT, b. November 06, 1826; d. December 18, 1881.
xi. EMILY TALBERT, b. August 20, 1829, Indiana,USA; d. August 14, 1830.
3. THOMAS BULL2 TALBERT (RICHARD1 BULL*) was born November 28, 1769 in Guilford Co., NC, and died August 18, 1841 in Preble Co., OH. He married ELIZABETH BEARD April 09, 1789 in Deep River,Guilford,North Carolina., daughter of RICHARD BEARD and EUNICE MACY. She was born May 04, 1761 in Nantuckett, MA, and died October 21, 1841 in Preble Co., OH.
Children of THOMAS TALBERT and ELIZABETH BEARD are:
i. JOB BULL3 TALBERT, b. March 17, 1790; d. March 02, 1839; m. AMANDA STUBBS, August 18, 1814.
ii. RICHARD BULL TALBERT, b. October 22, 1792; d. May 12, 1874, West Elkon, Preble Co Ohio; m. RHODA WICKERSHAM, February 19, 1818, Silver Creek MH Union Co. Indiana; d. January 11, 1825, Silver Creek.
iii. ELIJAH BULL TALBERT, b. October 14, 1794.
iv. WILLAIM BULL TALBERT, b. March 23, 1797; m. REBECCA STUBBS, October 06, 1814; d. October 16, 1837.
15. v. JOHNATHAN BULL TALBERT, b. July 03, 1799; d. 1857.
vi. MARY BULL TALBERT, b. April 27, 1802; m. NEWTON STUBBS, August 12, 1819, Preble Co, Ohio; b. October 12, 1798; d. Bef. 1850.
4. JESSE BULL2 TALBERT (RICHARD1 BULL*) was born September 03, 1783, and died 1866. He married MARGARET BEESON March 20, 1805 in Guilford, North Carolina. She was born March 11, 1784.
Child of JESSE TALBERT and MARGARET BEESON is:
i. LUCINDA3 TALBERT, b. 1820.
5. JOHN BULL2 TALBERT (RICHARD1 BULL*) was born December 28, 1771. He married ELIZABETH THOMPSON.
Children of JOHN TALBERT and ELIZABETH THOMPSON are:
i. JAMES BULL3 TALBERT.
ii. THOMAS BULL TALBERT.
iii. MARY BULL TALBERT.
iv. JEAN BULL TALBERT.
v. NANCY BULL TALBERT.
6. JOSEPH BULL2 TALBERT (RICHARD1 BULL*) was born August 13, 1774 in Randolph, North Carolina. He married RACHEL "REBECCA" " RAHAH"BEESON March 22, 1791 in Randolph, North Carolina. She was born July 13, 1779 in Hopewell, Fredrick, Virginia, and died January 28, 1847.
Children of JOSEPH TALBERT and RACHEL RAHAH"BEESON are:
16. i. THOMAS BULL3 TALBERT, b. 1794.
ii. EDWARD BULL TALBERT, b. 1795.
iii. WILLIAM BULL TALBERT, b. 1796; m. WILLIMET LAMB.
iv. POLLY BULL TALBERT, b. 1797.
17. v. JESSE BULL TALBERT, b. February 12, 1804, Guilford North Carolina.
18. vi. ELIZABETH BULL TALBERT, b. 1800; d. 1848.
19. vii. ANDERSON SEALY TALBERT, b. 1809, Randolph Co,North Carolina,USA.
20. viii. PARIS CHIPMAN TALBERT, b. March 03, 1814, North Carolina; d. December 03, 1864, Hanover Twp,Shelby,Indiana.
21. ix. JOSEPH ADDISON TALBERT, b. August 27, 1821; d. February 24, 1902.
x. SALLY TALBERT, b. 1816; m. JOSEPH JENKINS, December 21, 1837, Hendricks Co,Indiana; b. Abt. 1815.
xi. CHARLOTTE CHARITY TALBERT, b. 1818; m. DE LAFAYETTE MOORE, June 25, 1835, Preble Co. Ohio,USA; b. 1812; d. May 22, 1851.
Generation No. 3
7. MILO M3 TALBERT (WILLIAM BULL2 TALBERT*, RICHARD1 BULL*) was born March 12, 1823 in my 3rd GGF, and died April 21, 1909. He married (2) MARY D, JAMES September 25, 1845 in butler Co Ohio. She was born June 21, 1824, and died July 16, 1849 in Could have been the 6th. He married (3) ELIZA PADDOCK* June 26, 1854, daughter of REUBEN PADDOCK and LYDIA STARBUCK. She was born November 12, 1827 in Union Co., Indiana, and died September 18, 1890 in my 3rd GGm. He married (4) VERLINDA JENKINS SYMONS October 10, 1890. She was born February 03, 1835, and died October 14, 1908.
Children of MILO TALBERT and MARY D are:
i. ANN ELIZABETH4 TALBERT, b. April 04, 1847; d. July 24, 1849, Of cholera.
22. ii. SARAH CAROLINE TALBERT, b. March 21, 1849.
Children of MILO TALBERT and ELIZA PADDOCK* are:
23. iii. MARY EMILY4 TALBERT*, b. January 01, 1858, MY 2nd GGM; d. February 19, 1929.
iv. WILLIAM LESLIE TALBERT, b. March 05, 1863; d. November 19, 1867.
Generation No. 4
22. SARAH CAROLINE4 TALBERT (MILO M3, WILLIAM BULL2 TALBERT*, RICHARD1 BULL*) was born March 21, 1849. She married NATHANIEL NEWBY July 19, 1875 in Henry co Ind.
Child of SARAH TALBERT and NATHANIEL NEWBY is:
i. CECIL5 NEWBY.
23. MARY EMILY4 TALBERT* (MILO M3 TALBERT, WILLIAM BULL2 TALBERT*, RICHARD1 BULL*) was born January 01, 1858 in MY 2nd GGM, and died February 19, 1929. She married RASMUS NELSON* October 03, 1880 in Henry co Ind. He was born June 08, 1849 in MY 2nd GGF Denmark, and died March 13, 1934 in stockton calif aged 84 years 8 months and 25 days.
Children of MARY TALBERT* and RASMUS NELSON* are:
41. i. LUCILLE5 NELSON*, b. April 18, 1883, MY GGM Indiana; d. April 29, 1942, Modesto, stanaslaus calif.
ii. LESTER P NELSON, b. January 08, 1882.
iii. HERSCHELL T NELSON, b. October 10, 1885; m. CRYSTAL B SUTTON.
iv. MILDRED NELSON.
Generation No. 5
41. LUCILLE5 NELSON* (MARY EMILY4 TALBERT*, MILO M3 TALBERT, WILLIAM BULL2 TALBERT*, RICHARD1 BULL*) was born April 18, 1883 in MY GGM Indiana, and died April 29, 1942 in Modesto, stanaslaus calif. She married LEONARD B COFFEY* October 23, 1907 in Kansas wichita, son of THOMAS COFFEY and MARY WILFORD. He was born April 23, 1875 in MY GGF iowa, and died February 27, 1935 in Modesto, calif.
Child of LUCILLE NELSON* and LEONARD COFFEY* is:
47. i. BERNICE LUCILLE6 COFFEY*, b. July 04, 1909, MY GRANDMOTHER buffalo okla; d. 1992, sacramento ca.
Generation No. 6
47. BERNICE LUCILLE6 COFFEY* (LUCILLE5 NELSON*, MARY EMILY4 TALBERT*, MILO M3 TALBERT, WILLIAM BULL2 TALBERT*, RICHARD1 BULL*) was born July 04, 1909 in MY GRANDMOTHER buffalo okla, and died 1992 in sacramento ca. She married (1) UNKNOWN PIPPIN in modesto. She married (2) ROBERT THOMAS KLINE* Unknown, son of ELMER KLINE and PAULINE MCARTHUR*. He was born January 02, 1911 in MY GRandfather madera Calif, and died August 30, 1986 in Madera calif.
Child of BERNICE COFFEY* and UNKNOWN PIPPIN is:
i. EUGENE TALBERT TALBOT7 PIPPIN, b. 1929.
Children of BERNICE COFFEY* and ROBERT KLINE* are:
ii. HELEN ELIZABETH7 KLINE*, b. September 04, 1935, half moon bay; d. September 24, 2001, Vacaville ca; m.
Eliza Paddock Talbert (1827 - 1890)
Verlinda Jenkins Talbert (1835 - 1908)
Mary D James Talbert (1819 - 1849)*
Ann Elizabeth Talbert (1847 - 1849)*
Sarah Caroline Talbert Newby (1849 - 1919)*
Mary Emily Talbert Nelson (1858 - 1929)*
William Leslie Talbert (1863 - 1867)*
Maple Grove Cemetery
Plot: G 11 2
Maintained by: Donna Rogers
Originally Created by: Donna Rogers
Record added: Jul 05, 2005
Find A Grave Memorial# 11294081
My dear Grandfather Milo, The poem you wrote and left in the family bible I can not find like anywhere and that is so sad because I am doing a group called Canticles for Christ and your poem would be so perfect !!! grrrrrr anyway thought of you to...(Read more)|
Added: May. 3, 2014
just thinking about you today grandpa Milo. |
Added: Jun. 28, 2006
My Darling great grandpa Milo, I came to visit here at your page i made 18 months ago, and was taken to tears by all the flowers and momentos left for you here. Grandpa there are still kind people here in the world. Love Donna|
Added: Apr. 21, 2006
|There are 96 more notes not showing...|
Click here to view all notes...