South Carolina, USA
NANCY MAE WHITLOW CAMP 1809-1849
Daugher of Bolden Whitlow and Mary Stewart. Nancy Mae Camp was born in Abbeville District, South Carolina in 1809. She moved with her father's family to Upper Big Shoals, Clarke Co., Ga. a few months after her birth. The family moved to Walton Co., Ga. about 1819. She met Avery Camp in Walton Co., Ga. and they were married there 6 Mar 1830. Their first child, Mary Camp, was born in 1831.
About 1836, this family migrated to the newly opened Cherokee territory in the area that is now McLemore's Cove, Walker Co., Ga. Nancy and Avery has three more children over the ensuring years before her death in 1849.
1. Mary Camp 1831-1881. Married Jesse Mercer Shaw. Mary Camp Shaw letter to Allie Whitlow Powell in March, 1881.
2. Robert Camp 1838-1863. Died in combat in Virginia, CSA.
3. Eliza Camp 1840-1880.
4. Susan Camp 1842-1887.
Avery Camp remarried 1851 to Sarah Childress. Sarah was the sister of Susan Childress, who was the second wife of Henry W. Boss, Sr.
5. James Robert Camp 1850-1924.
6. Merritt Augustus "Bud" Camp, 1852-1941, Hamilton Co., TN.
7. Avery Bolden Camp, 1854-1926, Walker Co., Ga.
8. Caswell R. "Cass" Camp, 1857-
Sarah Childress Camp died in Jan 1859 and Avery Camp remarried for a third time to Martha Jenkins, 19 Oct 1859, Chattanooga, Hamilton Co., Tn.
9. Arena Elizabeth Camp, 1862-1956, Chattanooga, Tn.
10. Florence Camp, 1862-1936.
11. Emma Camp, 1864-1949. Emma is referenced in a letter of Allie Whitlow to her beau (husband, later) Rev. Thomas Wm Powell in 1871.
Bolden Whitlow (1783 - 1848)
Avery Camp (1811 - 1865)
Mary Camp Shaw (1831 - 1881)*
Elizabeth Agness Whitlow Bailey (1806 - 1863)*
Tabitha Whitlow Bonds (1808 - 1874)*
Nancy Mae Whitlow Camp (1809 - 1849)
Miles Washington Whitlow (1812 - 1885)*
Lucinda Whitlow Boss (1814 - 1846)*
Martha Whitlow Mathis (1817 - 1874)*
Eliza Ann Whitlow Bonds (1820 - 1882)*
Antioch Baptist Church Cemetery
Cedar Grove (Walker County)
Created by: Epictetus
Record added: Aug 20, 2013
Find A Grave Memorial# 115801727
Added: May. 2, 2014
Be Thou At Peace.|
Added: Aug. 22, 2013