|Birth: ||Jan. 9, 1488|
|Death: ||Nov. 7, 1523|
SIR THOMAS GERARD, Knight of Bryn in Ashton-in-Makerfield; Brindle and Ashton (in Winwick); and Rainhill, Windle and Windleshaw (in Prescot); Kirkby, Skelmersdale, Lancashire, Woore, Shropshire, Bromley and Staffordshire.
He was born January 9, 1488 at New Hall in Ashton-in-Makerfield in the county of Lancashire, England; died 7 November 1523 at Berwick-upon-Tweed, during a battle with the Scots, while leading his Lancashire archers at Flodden Field.
He is the son of PETER GERARD of Kingsley and Bryn and wife, MARGARET (MARGERY) STANLEY. PETER was born of a family that had signed the Magna Carta.
He married in the year 1510 to MARGERY TRAFFORD in Ashton-in-Makerfield in Winwick Parish, Lancashire, England, daughter of EDMUND TRAFFORD, Knight KB and his wife, MARGARET SAVAGE, the daughter of JOHN SAVAGE. MARGERY was born 1490 in Trafford, in the county of Lancashire; died 10 May 1540 in Ponty Pool, Gwent, Wales.
CHILDREN of SIR THOMAS and MARGERY are:
(1) Sir Thomas Gerard of Kingsley and Bryn was born circa 1512 married Jane Legh. He was burned as a heretic.
(2) William Gerard of New Hall was born June 19, 1518; died December 19, 1558 in Ponty Pool, Gwent, Wales. married Constance Rowson but she was not the mother of William's only son, Thomas Gerard.
(3) Anne Gerard was born in circa 1520 in Brynne, Warwickshire, England.
(4) James was born circa 1520.
(5) Henry of Rainhill was born 1522, who is buried at Prescott in Lancashire in 1584.
(6) Miles born in 1514.
(8) Pyers, aka Peter, was born in 1514.
Two daughters not accounted for.
Peter Gerard (1460 - 1494)
Created by: Patricia Michel
Record added: Jun 29, 2013
Find A Grave Memorial# 113033776