THOMAS GERARD, III was born in 1537 in Bryn, West Derby, Lancashire and died at Mynwich Church, Lancashire; buried at St. Oswald Churchyard in Winwick Parish. He married ELIZABETH PORT in the year 1559 in Bryn, Lancashire, England. She was born 1540 in Ashton-in-Makerfield, in the county of Lancashire, England.
CHILDREN of THOMAS and ELIZABETH are:
(1) Sir Knight Thomas Gerrard IV, Baron of Bryn
(2) Alexander Gerard was born 1561
(3) John the Jesuit Priest Gerard was born October 4, 1564 and died July 17, 1637 at an English college in Rome, Italy.
(4) Nicholas Gerard.
(5) Mary Gerard was born 1556.
(6) Martytha Gerard was born 1558.
Sir Thomas Gerard, III, was imprisoned for supposedly involvement in the Babbington plot to kill Queen Elizabeth and place Mary Queen of Scots on the throne. On his release, he seemed to have given up the practice of his faith, although he had returned to it before his death in 1601. The family, thereafter, remained of the Catholic Faith and loyal to the Stuart cause.
William Gerard (1518 - 1558)
Thomas Gerard (1560 - 1620)*
St Oswald Churchyard
Warrington Unitary Authority
Created by: Patricia Michel
Record added: Jun 29, 2013
Find A Grave Memorial# 113033628
|Photos may be scaled.|
Click on image for full size.