|Birth: ||Aug. 6, 1757|
|Death: ||Jun. 28, 1843|
ALLEGANY MCGUIRE was born 6 August 1757 in Cumberland County, Virginia and was living there when he volunteered for service in the American Revolution in 1776. He entered service under Captain Charles Scott and was appointed orderly sergeant, serving at the battles of Williamsburg, Yorktown and Hampton. Other times, he served under General Lincoln and General Gates.
ALLEGANY married SARAH HOLIDAY 27 June 1782 in Henry County, Virginia. SARAH was born 12 February, 1757 in Henry County, Virginia and is the daughter of ROBERT HOLIDAY.
CHILDREN of ALLEGANY and SARAH are:
(1) Rhoda McGuire was born 16 Nov 1785; married John Lewis Vawter; died 28 Aug 1824 in Maury County, Tennessee.
(2) Mourning McGuire was born 20 Aug 1787.
(3) Nancy McGuire was born 3 Jun 1789.
(4) Cynthia McGuire was born 9 Feb 1791; married first, Richard Johnston Vawter and second, John Ray.
(5) Holiday McGuire was born 29 Dec 1792.
(6) Matilda McGuire was born 8 Oct 1794.
ALLEGANY applied for a pension in Maury County, Tennessee on June 30, 1833. He was allowed $105 per year for his service of nine months as a private and fifteen months as a sergeant in the Virginia Line. After the war, he moved first to Elbert County, Georgia (1790, 1800, 1810 Census). Next move was to Maury County, Tennessee (1820, 1830 Census). From there, he moved to Hardin County, Tennessee and his last moved was to McNairy County, Tennessee (1840 Census), where he was found living with his son, HOLIDAY MCGUIRE as of June 1, 1840. ALLEGANY MCGUIRE died 28 June 1843 in McNairy County.
Rhoda McGuire Vawter (1785 - 1824)*
Created by: Patricia Michel
Record added: May 29, 2013
Find A Grave Memorial# 111378579
Happy fourth of July, 2013. May she always wave. Thanks for your service in gaining America its independence.|
Added: Jun. 30, 2013