St. Mary's County
THOMAS RINEY, SR. was born about 1740, in St. Mary's County, Maryland and died in Washington County, Kentucky; Last Will and Testament was probated 5 Nov 1795.
He was the son of JOHN RINEY, SR and wife, unknown.
THOMAS RINEY, SR. served in the Maryland County Militia in St. Mary's County, Maryland during the American Revolution. He is established with the DAUGHTERS OF THE AMERICAN REVOLUTION.
LAST WILL AND TESTAMENT OF THOMAS STATES:
TO daughter, Nancy, feather bed and furniture.
TO son, Basil, my other feather bed and furniture.
TO my three grandchildren, Mary Riney, Nancy, aka Ann, Riney and Thomas Riney, twenty shillings to be paid as they come of age.
TO my deceased son, Thomas Riney's widow and her husband, money from said sons' estate to be held until the children come of age.
TO son, Zachariah Riney, twenty pounds for use of daughter Henrietta Wortham.
TO my five children, Henrietta Wortham, Mary Gresta, Zachariah Riney, Basil Riney and Nancy Alvey, after all debts paid, residue of the estate, both real and personal.
Executors: Zachariah Riney and Joseph Alvey.
CHILDREN OF THOMAS RINEY, SR.
(1) Thomas Riney, Jr. born ca 1660 in St. Mary's County, Maryland; died by January 1793 in St. Mary's County; married Sarah Ann Shircliffe.
(2) Henrietta born in St. Mary's County; married John Wathen.
(3) Mary born St. Mary's County before 1795.
(4) Zachariah born 1663 in St. Mary's County; died 15 Feb 1859; married first Margaret; second Sarah Bolds on 12 Feb 1824 in Washington County, Kentucky.
(5) Basil born in St. Mary's County, Maryland; married first, Mary Lancaster; second, Eleanor Spalding on 1 Oct 1795 in Washington County, Kentucky.
(6) Nancy born St. Mary's County, Maryland; married Joseph Alvey.
Zachariah Riney purchased a farm on Rolling Fork in Washington County, Kentucky in 1811. The same year, Thomas Lincoln, father of Abraham Lincoln, moved his family to a farm on Knob Creek about two miles from Zachariah's farm. Zachariah Riney is credited with being Abraham Lincoln's first teacher.
Thomas Edward Riney (1784 - 1792)*
Created by: Patricia Michel
Record added: May 29, 2013
Find A Grave Memorial# 111370838