|Death: ||Jun. 16, 1863|
SARAH ELIZABETH COLLIER was born in 1817 in Perry County, Tennessee, daughter of AMOS JEFFERSON COLLIER, and wife, NANCY FRANCES WYATT. She died 16 June 1863 in Tishomingo (Prentiss) County, Mississippi; buried in Siloam Cemetery at New Site, Mississippi. SARAH ELIZABETH COLLIER married JOHN WASHINGTON FINCH about 1835 in Perry County, Tennessee. He is the son of WILLIAM "BILLY" FINCH and wife, MARY G. "POLLY' ROBERTS.
Children of JOHN W. and SARAH E. are:
(1) Mary Ann Finch, born 27 Apr 1836 in Perry County, Tennessee; married Alfred Cunningham 24 Sep 1854 in Tishomingo County, Mississippi.
(2) Nancy F. Finch, born 1837 in Perry County, Tennessee; married 1st to Franklin Corley or Crawley and 2nd to Lagrand Corley or Crawley in Tishomingo County, Mississippi.
(3) Francis Green Finch, born 11 Jun 1838 in Perry County, Tennessee; died 7 May 1908 in Prentiss County, Mississippi; married Andrew "Andy" Cunningham on 3 Sep 1857 in Tishomingo County, Mississippi.
(4) Paul Finch, born 24 Dec 1839 in Perry County, Tennessee; died 31 Aug 1922 in Prentiss County, Mississippi; married 1st Evaline E. Gable, who died 29 Aug 1867 and married 2nd Evelyn Tankersley.
Note: Paul Finch was Constable of Tishomingo County in 1865.
(5) William M. Finch, born 1841 in New Site, Mississippi; died between 1861-1865 during the War Between the States. Served in Company H, Mississippi Regiment.
(6) Sarah Finch, born 1843 in New Site, Prentiss County, Mississippi; died in Throckmorton, Texas; married 1st Joseph Crable, Jr. and 2nd Benjamin Merritt Stennett, Jr.
(7) George Washington Finch, born 3 Jun 1844 in New Site, Mississippi; died 9 Jun 1910 in New Site; served in the CSA; married Mary Elizabeth Vandevender.
(8) Martha Lavinia Finch, born 1 Apr 1847, in New Site, Mississippi; died 2 Feb , 1902 in Ardmore, the Indian Territory in Oklahoma; married Zachary Taylor Carter.
(9) Amos Finch, born September 1848 at New Site; died in Wise County, Texas; married Emma J. Boyd.
AMOS JEFFERSON COLLIER born 1791 in North Carolina; died June 1863 in Tishomingo County, Mississippi and his wife, NANCY FRANCES WYATT, born between 1779-1808 in Spartanburg County, South Carolina; died before 1863 in Tishomingo County, Mississippi.
Known children of AMOS and NANCY are:
(1) Henry born 1814 in Henderson County, Tennessee; died before 1863 in Tishomingo County, Mississippi.
(2) Sarah Elizabeth born 1817 in Henderson County, Tennessee; died 16 Jun 1863 in Tishomingo County, Mississippi married John Washington Finch.
(3) Nancy born 1819 in Tennessee; married James Crumby.
(4) Lavinia born 25 Aug 1820 in Perry County, Tennessee; married Carroll Grissom.
(5) Frances born 1821; married Samuel Draper.
(6) William born 1822; married 1st Emaline Vincent; 2nd Jane Morphus.
(7) Amos born 19 Dec 1823 in Tishomingo County, Mississippi; married Ryanza Josephine Johnson; died 1 Jan 1870 in Jack County, Texas.
(8) Martha born 1823 in Perry County, Tennessee; married Michael McDaniel.
(9) George Washington b. 3 May 1830; married Alsey Cook.
Paternal: HENRY COLLIER, who married MARY SHELTON on 2 Feb 1787 in Greenville County, Virginia.
Maternal: ABRAHAM WYATT,JR. (1762-1825/30) married LAVINIA MASSINGALE (1760-1830)in 1784 in Spartanburg, South Carolina. Their children are: Samuel (1798-1855); John (1785- ); married Mary Murphy; Susan (1787-1815 married George Martin; Daniel (1789-1869) married Mary Johnson; Solomon (1794-1860 married Miss Plunckett; Samuel married Mary Johnson; Abraham (1795- ) married Sarah McCormack; Nancy (1791-1863) married Amos Collier; Elizabeth (1802-1891) married Isaac Brashear; Sarah (1793- married Daniel Murphy; Isham (1799- ) married Mary Murphy; Absalom (1796- ) married Sarah Henley; Margaret Martha (1802-1891) married William Lloyd; Lavinia (1806- ) married Moses Collier; William (1805- ) married Mary Brashear; and Reuben Warren (1808-1884).
ABRAHAM WYATT, JR. is the son of ABRAHM WYATT, SR. born between 1711-1740 in England; died in Northampton County, North Carolina. LAVINIA MASSINGALE born about 1760 in South Carolina; died 1835 in Perry County, Tennessee. She is the daughter of ABRAHAM MASSINGALE born 1722 in Virginia; married UNITY in 1754 in Northampton, North Carolina and died 1793 in Northampton County, North Carolina.
John Washington Finch (1811 - 1872)*
Mary Ann Finch Cunningham (1836 - 1912)*
George Washington Finch (1844 - 1910)*
Created by: Patricia Michel
Record added: Apr 28, 2013
Find A Grave Memorial# 109639027