|Death: ||Sep. 6, 1872|
JOHN WASHINGTON FINCH married first, SARAH ELIZABETH COLLIER about 1835 in Perry County, Tennessee. She is the daughter of AMOS COLLIER and wife, NANCY WYATT. SARAH ELIZABETH was born 1817 in Hickman, Perry County, Tennessee and died 16 June 1863 in Tishomingo (Prentiss) County, Mississippi; buried in Siloam Cemetery. He married, second, PEACHIE HAZEL on 4 Oct 1864 in Tishomingo County, Mississippi, who was born in 1810 in South Carolina, the widow of JOHN LEWIS VAWTER. There were no issues from this marriage. She is buried in Siloam Cemetery, Hobo Station, Prentiss County, Mississippi.
Children of JOHN W. and SARAH ELIZABETH:
(1) Mary Ann Finch, born 27 Apr 1836 in Perry County, Tennessee; married Alfred Cunningham 24 Sep 1854 in Tishomingo (Prentiss) County, Mississippi.
(2) Nancy F. Finch, born 1837 in Perry County, Tennessee; married 1st to Franklin Corley or Crawley and 2nd to Lagrand Corley or Crawley in Tishomingo (Prentiss) County, Mississippi.
(3) Francis Green Finch, born 11 Jun 1838 in Perry County, Tennessee; died 7 May 1908 in Tishomingo (Prentiss) County, Mississippi; Andrew "Andy" Cunningham on 3 Sep 1857 in Tishomingo (Prentiss) County, Mississippi.
(4) Paul Finch, born 24 Dec 1839 in Perry County, Tennessee; died 31 Aug 1922; married 1st Evaline E. Gable, who died 29 Aug 1867 and married 2nd Evelyn Tankersley.
Note: Paul Finch was Constable of Tishomingo County in 1865.
(5) William M. Finch, born 1841 in New Site, Prentiss County, Mississippi; died between 1861-1865 during the War Between the States.
(6) Sarah Finch, born 1843 in New Site, Mississippi; died in Throckmorton, Texas; married 1st Joseph Crable, Jr. and 2nd Benjamin Merritt Stennett, Jr.
(7) George Washington Finch, born 3 Jun 1844 in New Site, Mississippi; died 9 Jun 1910 in New Site; served in the CSA; married Mary Elizabeth Vandevender.
(8) Martha Lavinia Finch, born 1 Apr 1847, in New Site, Mississippi; died 2 Feb 2, 1902 in the Indian Territory in Oklahoma; married Taylor Carter.
(9) Amos Finch, born September 1848 at New Site, Mississippi; died in Wise County, Texas, married Emma J. Boyd.
JOHN WASHINGTON FINCH moved from Perry County, Tennessee to New Site, Mississippi and was on the 1840 Tishomingo County, Census. The homesite has been in the Finch family for at least four generations. The home burned at one time when GEORGE WASHINGTON FINCH was residing in the original home but they rebuilt. They lost the original Bible but GEORGE ordered a new one and recorded data in the new one. They were Primitive Baptists.
WILLIAM "BILLY' FINCH born 1781 in Spartanburg, South Carolina; died about 1855 in Decatur County, Tennessee and his wife, MARY G. 'POLLY' ROBERTS born 1792 in South Carolina; died about 1868 in Old Pleasant Grove, Red River County, Texas, the daughter of EVAN ROBERTS and MARY ROBERTS.
Children of BILLY and POLLY are:
Mary born 1808; John Washington born 1811; Patsy born 1811; Thomas born 1813; Eleanor "Ellen" born 1814; Jesse Whitney born 1819; Daniel Franklin born 1820; David Bryant born 1820; Edward "Ned" born 1822; John Robert born 1823; Richard born 1825; James Sydney "Jim" born 1827; Elizabeth born 1829; William born 1831 and George Washington born 1833.
BILLY FINCH is the son of JOHN FINCH, SR. and wife, JANEY KEENE; both born in Virginia. JOHN FINCH, SR. is the son of WILLIAM FINCH of Virginia and South Carolina. JANEY KEENE is the daughter of JAMES KEENE of Virginia and South Carolina.
William Finch (1781 - 1855)
Sarah Elizabeth Collier Finch (1817 - 1863)
Mary Ann Finch Cunningham (1836 - 1912)*
Nancy Finch Corley (1837 - 1905)*
Paul Finch (1839 - 1922)*
Sarah Elizabeth Finch Stennett (1843 - 1935)*
George Washington Finch (1844 - 1910)*
Martha L Finch Carter (1847 - 1902)*
John Washington Finch (1811 - 1872)
James Sidney Finch (1827 - 1915)*
Elizabeth Finch Tudor (1829 - 1897)*
Created by: Patricia Michel
Record added: Apr 28, 2013
Find A Grave Memorial# 109632343
Great, Great Grandfather, rest in peace.|
Added: May. 16, 2013