|Birth: ||Nov. 5, 1853|
|Death: ||Sep. 5, 1928|
William Richard Maddox was born 05 Nov 1850-1853 in Abbeville County, South Carolina, USA as the fourth child of William W Maddox and Jane Maddox. He had three siblings, namely: Basil, Jesse, and John. He died 05 Sep 1928 in Bald Prairie, Tex and is buried in the Bald Praire Cemetary, Lot 218. When he was 33, he married Mary E. (Lizzie) Rucker,daughter of Robert D. Rucker and Sarah J. Brady on 28 Feb 1884 in Bald Prairie, Robertson County,Texas.
He was employed as a Farmer. He was in the 1850 census with brothers Basil & Jesse and his parents living in Abeeville County S.C. He was in the 1860 census in Fayette County, AL. He was in the 1870 census living in Jackson, Miss. with brother Basil and others. He was counted as a single person in the 1880 census in the household of William S. & Mary E.Pitman in Bald Prairie, Texas. He was in the 1890 census living in Bald Prairie, Robertson County, TX. In Jun 1894, he bought 100 acres in Bald Prairie for $500 in gold pieces. In Jun 1900 he was living in Bald Praiaie with all of his children without his wife, Lizzie. Lizzie had been placed in a mental health facility where she apparently remained till she died in 1920.
William R. Maddox and Mary E.(Lizzie) Rucker had the following children:
1. William Henry Maddox was born 25 Jun 1885 in Bald Prairie, Robertson County, Texas. He died 11 Apr 1979 and is buried in Franklin, Texas Cementary. He married Laura Francis Perkins on 17 Aug 1913 in Paduka, Kentucky.
2. Lottie Maddox was born 28 Jun 1887 in Bald Prairie, Tex. She died 03 Apr 1907 and is buried in Wesley Chapel,Robertson County,next to her grandmother Sarah Beale.
3. Jessie A. Maddox was born 18 Feb 1889 in Bald Prairie. She died 02 Jul 1983 in Bald Prairie and is buried in the Bald Prairie Cementary.
4. Minnie Florine Maddox was born 20 Oct 1890 in Bald Prairie, Texas. She died 04 Apr 1974 is buried in Elliot Cementary, Robertson County.
5. John Franklin Maddox was born 01 Feb 1894 in Bald Prairie, Franklin,Texas, Robertson, TX. He died 25 Sep 1980 in Calvert, Texas and is burried in Bald Prairie Cementary. He married Agnes Mosely on 04 Feb 1916 in Ball Prairie, Texas.
6.Lee Maddox was born 01 Aug 1897. He died 11 Mar 1926 in Bald Prairie, Tex Cementary Lot.
Mary Elizabeth Rucker Maddox (1869 - 1919)*
William Henry Maddox (1885 - 1979)*
Laura Ether Maddox (1887 - 1907)*
Jessie A. Maddox Weir (1889 - 1983)*
John Franklin Maddox (1894 - 1980)*
Lee Maddox (1897 - 1926)*
Bald Prairie Cemetery
Created by: Robert H Boyd
Record added: Mar 31, 2012
Find A Grave Memorial# 87753060
I wish we had met when you were alive. I would love to hear about you life and I would have many questions. Rest in peace!|
Robert H Boyd
Added: Mar. 31, 2012