|Birth: ||Dec. 9, 1792|
|Death: ||Dec. 24, 1870|
He was born in December 1792 as Jan de Graaff in the tiny, former village De Werken (= The Works) in the former municipality De Werken en Sleeuwijk (since 1950 part of municipality Werkendam) on the southbank of the river Merwede (Europe's busiest river), in the utter northwestern part of the Dutch southern province Noord-Brabant [see also: http://nl.wikipedia.org/wiki/De_Werken], son of Wouter de Graaff and Anna Baggerman.
Jan Wouterzn. de Graaff married on 8 July 1821 in municipality De Werken en Sleeuwijk, Noord-Brabant, to the six years younger Hester Ippel, born in the very nearby Werkendam, daughter of Jan Ippel and Adriana van der Meer.
Jan and Hester had in his their tiny birthplace De Werken the following three children:
* Anna de Graaff, born on 9 March 1823;
* Adriana de Graaff, born on 8 August 1824;
* Wouter de Graaff, born on 26 January 1826. He emigrated in 1856 to the USA.
Jan de Graaff was in 1826 a laborer.
His wife Hester Ippel died on 3 October 1828 in mun. De Werken en Sleeuwijk at the age of 29 years.
Jan de Graaff remarried on 10 July 1831 in mun. De Werken en Sleeuwijk, Noord-Brabant to Hester's sister Elizabeth Ippel, born on 24 December 1802 in De Werken and had in their both tiny birthplace De Werken the following nine children:
* Jan (1) de Graaff 1828-1829;
* Jan (2) de Graaff 1831-1831;
* Hester Hendrika de Graaff 1832-1899;
* Jan (3) de Graaff 1834-1836;
* Elizabeth (1) de Graaff 1837-1839;
* Jan (4) de Graaff 1838-?;
* Elizabeth (2) de Graaff 1841-1841;
* Bastiaan de Graaff 1843-?;
* Elizabeth (3) de Graaff 1846-?
His second wife Elizabeth Ippel died on 26 July 1849 in mun. De Werken en Sleeuwijk at the age of 46 years. Widower Jan de Graaff died in 1870 nearby in Werkendam at the age of 78 years.
Hester Ippel (1798 - 1828)
Wouter De Graaff (1826 - 1912)*
Created by: Peter Hakze
Record added: Oct 15, 2013
Find A Grave Memorial# 118736228