|Birth: ||Jul. 11, 1873|
|Death: ||Aug. 30, 1933|
Locia Olive Marshall Allen was born on July 11, 1873 to Martha Ellen Fee Marshall and William Henry Marshall. She lived in Lawrence Township, Indiana, where her father worked as a teamster. She had six siblings; Albert Perry, Eli Preston, Bell Zora, Palmer, Maud, and Pearl. She married Franklin Cole Allen on March 20, 1890 in Union County, Indiana at the age of 17. They lived in Richmond, Indiana at least from 1893 to 1900, where Franklin worked as a marine lender and then as a teamster. They moved just outside Richmond to Franklin Township to a farm, where they lived at least from 1920 to 1930. Locia and Franklin had four children, Martha Myrtle, Laura Ethel, Iva Marie, and Clifford Harold. Locia died at age 60 on August 30, 1933. Franklin moved back to Richmond after her death and lived with Clifford's family until he died in 1952.
MOTHER: Martha Ellen Fee, 1848 –
FATHER: William Henry Marshall, 1846 –
HUSBAND: Franklin Cole Allen, 1869 – 1952
Martha Myrtle Allen, 1891 – 1968
Laura Ethel Allen, 1892 – 1986
Iva Marie Allen, 1895 – 1942
Clifford Harold Allen, 1907 – 1983
1. Ancestry.com. Web: Indiana, Find A Grave Index, 1800-2010 [database on-line]. Provo, UT, USA: Ancestry.com Operations, Inc., 2012. Original data: Find A Grave. http://www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg.cgi: accessed 25 January 2013.
2. Ancestry.com. US City Directories, 1821-1989 [database on-line]. Provo, UT, USA: Ancestry.com Operations, Inc., 2011.
3. Union County, Indiana; Marriages 1860-1918, Part I Grooms Part II Brides Compiled by Ruth M Sl; Book: F; Page: 326
4. Year: 1880; Census Place: Lawrence, Marion, Indiana; Roll: 293; Family History
Film: 1254293; Page: 336D; Enumeration District: 093; Image: 0675.
5. Year: 1900; Census Place: Richmond, Wayne, Indiana; Roll: 412; Page: 11A;
Enumeration District: 0161; FHL microfilm: 1240412.
6. Year: 1910; Census Place: Franklin, Wayne, Indiana; Roll: T624_387; Page: 4A;
Enumeration District: 0168; FHL microfilm: 1374400.
7. Year: 1920; Census Place: Franklin, Wayne, Indiana; Roll: T625_473; Page: 6B;
Enumeration District: 144; Image: 1129.
8. Year: 1930; Census Place: Franklin, Wayne, Indiana; Roll: 637; Page: 4A;
Enumeration District: 0010; Image: 503.0; FHL microfilm: 2340372.
Martha Ellen Fee Marshall (1848 - 1890)
Franklin Cole Allen (1869 - 1952)
Maintained by: Wayne Township Trustee
Originally Created by: Observer4wing
Record added: Aug 08, 2012
Find A Grave Memorial# 95009065