|Birth: ||Sep. 28, 1696, Ireland|
|Death: ||Apr. 26, 1778|
SOURCE: Appreciation for the following research goes to Janet and Robert Wolfe. Please see their website for updates and further details.
1. At 19, John Allen came into her life and she married him on March 1, 1715/16, in Chilmark, Massachusetts. Together they had thirteen children. She survived him in death by eleven years.
1. DAU: Jane Allen, b 28 AUG 1722, Chilmark, Dukes, MA
2. DAU: Katherine Allen, b 26 FEB 1716/17, Chilmark, Dukes, MA
3. DAU: Rebecca Allen, b 26 FEB 1716/17, Chilmark, Dukes, MA
4. SON: William Allen, b 6 MAR 1718/19, Chilmark, Dukes, MA
5. DAU: Elizabeth Allen, b 29 SEP 1720, Chilmark, Dukes, MA
6. DAU: Margaret Allen, b 17 SEP 1724, Dukes Co, MA
7. DAU: Abigail Allen, b 21 JUL 1726, Chilmark, Dukes, MA
8. DAU: Mary Allen, b 3 APR 1728, Chilmark, Dukes, MA
9. SON: John Allen, b 1 APR 1730, Chilmark, Dukes, MA
10. SON: Robert Allen, b 20 JUL 1732, Chilmark, Dukes, MA
11. SON: Jonathan Allen, b 2 SEP 1734, Chilmark, Dukes, MA
12. SON: Eleazer Allen, b 10 JUN 1739, Chilmark, Dukes, MA
13. DAU: Hannah Allen, b 23 JUL 1741, Chilmark, Dukes, MA
2. Handley Chipman wrote (NEHGR, v91, 159-176):
Mr. Homes daughter [Margaret] that father Allen Maried was my dear first wifes Mother, And a fine woman She was indeed, Much of a Gentlewoman, very free and Compliant, to both poor and Rich, was a great reader of the Scriptures, often mentioning passages to her Children with advice, was very Liberal to the poor, her poor Neighbors in particular, and I verily believe never turned one away from her house without Something and would often Send abroad to others her bounties. But above all she was a very religious person, Letting Nothing if possible divert her from Secret prayer at her Stated times, both Morning and Evening, beside strictly attending family prayer.
The sources Janet and Robert Wolfe used are as follow:
Birth Sources: Title: New England Historical and Genealogical Register.
Note: "Diary of Reverend William Homes" Vol 48 p. 446-453, V. 49 p 413-416, V. 50 p 155-166
Death Sources: Title: History of Martha's Vineyard.
Author: Charles Edward Banks.
Publication: Edgartown, Massachusetts, Dukes County Historical Society, 1966.
Page: Vol. 3, p. 6
William Homes (1663 - 1746)
Katherine Craighead Homes (1672 - 1754)
John Allen (1682 - 1767)*
Rebecca Allen Wass (1717 - 1790)*
"In Memory of
Mrs. Margaret Allen
Col. John Allen
who died April ye 20th 1778
in the 83d. Year of her Age."
Created by: Observer4wing
Record added: Sep 12, 2011
Find A Grave Memorial# 76420518