|Birth: ||Dec. 11, 1842|
|Death: ||Apr. 13, 1913|
Los Angeles County
Asa Townsend Abbot marr. 20 yr. old Victoria Frances 'Fanny' Cross on Dec. 11, 1862
Asa & Victoria had four children:
1) Howard Townsend Abbott, b. Feb. 1867 in Washington City, D. C. and. d. Oct. 5, 1939 in Olmsted, Mn. Howard marr. Gertrude Markell in 1895 in Duluth, Mn.
2) Evangeline 'Nellie' Abbott, b. Apr. 22, 1870 in Maryland or Washington D.C. and d. Nov. 30, 1969 in Faribault, Mn., at the age of 99. Evangeline marr. Charles Watson Newhall.
3) Caroline 'Carrie' Abbott, b. 1872 in Fort Monroe, Hampton City, VA. and d. Dec. 22, 1895 in Duluth, St. Louis Co., MN.
4) Dr. William Pitt Abbott, b. July 23, 1880 in Minneapolis, Hennepin Co., Mn. and d. May 17, 1955 in Grand Marais, Cook Co., Mn. Pitt married Marie Agatin, b. 1891.
In the 1880 U.S. census, 37 yr. old Fanny V. Abbott, b. abt. 1843 in MD., was living in Minneapolis, Hennepin, MN. with her
38 yr. old husband, Asa T. Abbott, an army officer, b. in ME.
13 yr. old son, Howard Abbott, b. in Washington D.C.
10 yr. old daughter, Nellie Abbott, b. in MD.
8 yr. old daughter, Carrie Abbott, b. in VA.
20 yr. old servant, Martha Henderson, b. in Sweden
Fanny's parents were both b. in MD.
Asa's parents were both b. in ME.
In the 1910 U.S. census, 67 yr. old Victoria Abbott, b. abt. 1843 in MD., was living in Faribault Ward 1, Rice, MN. with her
68 yr. old husband, Asa T. Abbott, living off his own income, b. in ME.
Victoria's parents were both b. in MD.
Asa's parents were both b. in ME.
This was a first marriage for both Asa and Victoria. They had been married for 45 yrs. Victoria was the mother of three children, 'all still alive' by this census.
Rice County Journal - Apr. 16, 1913
Word was received here on Sunday, April 13, announcing the death of Mrs. A. T. Abbott, which occurred on the morning of that day at Long Beach, California. All members of the family were present at the time of her death, including one daughter, Mrs. Newhall, of this city and two sons, Howard and Dr. Pitt Abbott of Duluth, and her husband, Lieut. Asa T. Abbott.
The remains will arrive here on Thursday morning. Arrangements for the funeral have not yet been completed but will probably be held from the residence on Thursday of Friday.
* Fanny passed away in California, where she and her husband, Capt. Abbott were spending the winter.
Note on Fannie's son, Howard T. Abbott:
THE BOOK OF MINNESOTANS - 1907 - ALBERT NELSON MARQUIS: ABBOTT, Howard T., lawyer; born at Washington, D. C., Feb. 11, 1867; son of Asa T. Abbott (U. S. Army) and Fannie B. (Cross) Abbott;
educated at army schools, 1S73-79; public high schools. Minneapolis, Minn., 1879-86; University of Minnesota, 1886-89; University of Michigan, 1889-90, graduating from the latter, LL. B., 1890.
Has been in practice of law in Duluth since 1890. Republican. Episcopalian. Member American and Minnesota State Bar associations. Member Masonic order, Chi Psi fraternity.
Married at Duluth, Minn.. Nov. 20, 1895, to Gertrude P. Markel. Recreations: Golf, hunting and fishing. Office: 405-406 Lonsdale Bldg. Residence: 2219 East Superior St., Duluth.
Asa Townsend Abbott (1842 - 1923)
Evangeline A. Abbott Newhall (1870 - 1969)*
Caroline Carrie Abbott (1872 - 1895)*
William Pitt Abbott (1880 - 1955)*
Maple Lawn Cemetery
Plot: Men K - 33
Created by: Chloé
Record added: May 18, 2011
Find A Grave Memorial# 70024251