|Birth: ||Jul. 2, 1814|
|Death: ||Jun. 26, 1902|
The sixth of thirteen children born to William King Sr and Mary Ann (Davis) Alexander of Rhea Co TN, George married:
1) Luvicey Sturm on 19 Nov 1845 TN; she died in Sullivan Co TN on 6 Jul 1847, along with their only child.
2) Mary Elizabeth "Lizzie" Smith on 10 Apr 1851 TN; she died on 23 Oct 1858 TN.
3) Mary A "Louisiana" Bullen on 8 Nov 1861 Jefferson Co MS.
Child with Luvicey:
1) Emma Cornelia Alexander (1846-1847)
Child with Lizzie:
1) Mary Frances Alexander (1854-1854)
Children with Lizzie:
1) Lydia Jessie Alexander (1862-1946), m: George Washington Abel, a first cousin.
2) Mary Ruth Alexander (1865-1876)
Excerpt, "The New Orleans Christian Advocate", Oct 1902:
"After a pastorate of one year at Mt. Olivet Circuit, he located and resided in Yazoo County, Mississippi until his death. During his itinerancy Brother Alexander served as Circuit Rider Nineteen years, as Station Preacher four years, as Presiding Elder seven years, and as agent for Emory and Henry College one year. His activity and usefulness as a minister of the gospel continued, after his location until within a few months of his departure. In the local ranks, he was eminently useful; his labors were abundant, Preaching, Baptizing, Marrying the living and burying the dead, ministering to the distressed and afflicted - thus aiding his pastors till the end came. He was one of the most consecrated men of God that I ever knew. The appointments he served in this Conference speak for his ability in the pulpit. His long and useful life closed on earth in great peach. His mortal remains were laid to rest in Wesley Chapel Cemetery in Phoenix, Mississippi to await the general resurrection."
Mary A Bullen Alexander (1825 - 1897)*
Ida Alexander Selby (1867 - 1963)*
Wesley Chapel Cemetery
Created by: Bonnie's Daughter
Record added: Jul 23, 2011
Find A Grave Memorial# 73820533
|Photos may be scaled.|
Click on image for full size.