Springdale (Hamilton County)
|Death: ||Jan. 20, 1902|
Eliza Mead was born July 7, 1846 in Springdale Township, Hamilton County, Ohio, the daughter of Benjamin Church Mead and Mary Livingston Brown Mead.
Benjamin Church Mead was born on November 4, 1804 in Greenwich, Fairfield County, Connecticut. He was the son of Jeremiah Mead, Jr., a soldier in the Revolutionary War (b. 1755 in Greenwich, Connecticut) and Esther Peck (b. on July 12, 1756 in Greenwich).
Mary Livingston Brown Mead was born on December 31, 1810 in New York City, New York. Her parents were Bush G. Brown, a shipbuilder and master carpenter in New York City (b. May 9, 1783 in New York City; d. August 10, 1821 in Natchez, Adams County, Mississippi) and Hannah Daniels Brown (b. December 27, 1783 in New York City; d. September 20, 1822 in New York City).
The children of Benjamin Church Mead and Mary Livingston Brown Mead were:
• Walter Scott Mead, b. March 6, 1841, Springdale, Hamilton County, Ohio; d. March 23, 1843, Springdale, Hamilton County, Ohio
• Emma Walker Mead, b. September 19, 1842, Springdale, Hamilton Co., Ohio; d. August 11, 1928, New York City, New York; m. John Beeler, September 19, 1865, Towanda, McLean County, Illinois; b. March 16, 1837, Sharonville, Hamilton County, Ohio; d. February 12, 1920, Denver, Denver County, Colorado.
• Eliza Perlee Mead, b. ca. 1844, Springdale, Hamilton County, Ohio; d. Oct. 20, 1902, Cincinnati, Hamilton Co., Ohio.
• Frances Mead, b. ca. 1845, Springdale, Hamilton County, Ohio; d. May 31, 1845 or 1846, Springdale
• Frances Etta Mead, b. July 7, 1846, Springdale, Hamilton County, Ohio; d. August 5, 1849, Springdale, Hamilton County, Ohio.
• Elmore C. "B. C." Mead, b. May 25, 1849, Springdale, Hamilton County, Ohio; d. August 30, 1851, Springdale, Hamilton County, Ohio.
Her father Benjamin died on August 12, 1850 in Springdale, Hamilton County, Ohio.
On May 11, 1853, Eliza's mother Mary Livingston Brown Mead married William Durland Hilts (b. February 9, 1806 in Morris County, New Jersey), a widower with three sons and a daughter, who had been the appraiser of her husband's estate. There were no children from this marriage.
William Hilts died September 26, 1874 in Illinois. Mary Livingston Brown Mead Hilts died on June 3, 1897 in Cincinnati, Hamilton County, Ohio.
Eliza Perlee Mead died on October 20, 1902 in the Presbyterian Hospital in Cincinnati, Hamilton County, Ohio.
Submitted on November 26, 2011 by Sandra Johnson Witt, her great grand niece
Burial: Plot: Garden LN, Section 104, Lot 279, Space 5
Cemetery Interment record 68262: http://www.springgrove.org/sg/genealogy/stats/68262.tif.pdf
Benjamin Church Mead (1804 - 1850)
Mary Livingston Brown Mead Hilts (1810 - 1897)
Walter Scott Mead (1831 - 1843)*
Emma Walker Mead Beeler (1842 - 1928)*
Frances Mead (1845 - 1846)*
Frances Etta Mead (1846 - 1849)*
Eliza Perlee Mead (1846 - 1902)
Elmore Mead (1849 - 1851)*
Spring Grove Cemetery
Plot: sec. 104, Lot 279
Created by: Sandra J. Witt
Record added: Nov 26, 2011
Find A Grave Memorial# 81021493
|Photos may be scaled.|
Click on image for full size.