|Birth: ||Jul. 25, 1757|
|Death: ||Jul. 31, 1830|
Abiezer Alger, Sen., born July 25, 1757 and died July 31, 1830
Excerpt taken from "A genealogical history of that branch of the Alger family which springs from Thomas Alger of Taunton and Bridgewater, in Massachusetts. 1665-1875 by Arthur M Alger":
45. Abiezer Alger (James,13 Israel* Israel3 Thomas1), m. in 1778, Hepsibah, daughter of Ebenezer Keith. She d. Feb. 25, 1841. He d. July 31, 1830.
He lived in West Bridgewater, in the house now owned by Otis Drury, Esq., and for a number of years was engaged in the iron foundry business, with Mr. Beza Leach. He had a furnace in West Bridgewater, one in Easton, and one in Titicut. He was a man of sagacity and energy, possessed a good estate, and was prominent in town affairs. He was one of the selectmen, frequently presided as moderator of the town meetings, held the office of justice of the peace, and in 1813, 1814 and 1815, represented the town in the General Court. When he was a young man, he was in service six days in Capt. Eliakim Howard's Company, which marched from Bridge- water to Braintree, March 4, 1776. In after years he held the commission of captain in the militia. Children :—
209. i. Jesse, b. Sept. 14, 1780 ; died young.
210. ii. Cyrus, b. Nov. 11, 1782; m. 1st, Lucy Willis; 2d, Mary 0.
211. iii. Olive, b. May 26, 1785 ; m. Hon. John Reed.
212. iv. Abiezer, b. May 21, 1788 ; m. Anna Gushing Thomas.
213. v. Hepsibah, b. Oct. 24, 1792 ; d. unmarried, June 15, 1863.
214. vi. Cornelia, b. Aug. 20, 1799 ; died young.
Olive Alger Reed (1785 - 1849)*
Alger Graveyard and Tomb
Created by: Marina Williams
Record added: Jun 28, 2008
Find A Grave Memorial# 27884553
1st cousin 7 times removed - R.I.P.|
Added: Apr. 12, 2009
Added: Aug. 27, 2008