|Birth: ||Mar. 7, 1916|
|Death: ||Dec. 22, 2002|
Maynard Alvin Altz was the last child of John Andrew & Hedwig Helen (Landgraf) Altz.
Maynard was named after a variant of his maternal grand mother's surname Mehnert. He was a lifelong resident of the Utica/Sterling area of Macomb county.
Maynard grew up with 5 Altz siblings:
1. Vera Mae Altz, 1901-1991, she married Harry Yates (no children).
2. Norman Joe Altz, 1904-1977, he married Rena La Pan (8 children)
3. Elmer Joe Altz, 1905-1986, he married Madeline Burrows (3 children)
4. Carl Frederick Altz, b. 1909 - alive & well in 2006, 1st marriage Jean Renwick (4 children), 2d marr. name unknown
5. Gertrude Altz, 1899-1984, was Maynard's 1/2 sister from his father John's first wife Estalla (d. 1899). Gertrude Altz married Wm. Parrott.
Maynard graduated from Utica High School in 1932. He was an active athlete, participating in baseball, football & track.
Seven years after graduation, on 10 Jun 1939 Maynard married Evelyn V. Zorn. She was from Sterling twp. in Macomb county.
Maynard & Evelyn had 2 daughters:
1. Carolyn Ann Altz, b. 1941, she married Richard Shutter (1 known child)
2. Sharron Altz, b. 1945
He was a friendly likeable man and made wooden toys for children. He loved raising apple trees and was a master grafter.
Maynard enjoyed being with the students every day and finally retired after 35 years with the Warren Consolidated Schools System as the Head Custodian.
John Andrew Altz (1860 - 1944)
Hedwig Helen Landgraf Altz (1879 - 1924)
Evelyn Viola Zorn Altz (1917 - 2010)*
Vera M Altz Yates (1901 - 1991)**
Carl Frederick Altz (1909 - 2008)*
Maynard Alvin Altz (1916 - 2002)
Created by: The Ancestor Hunter
Record added: Sep 07, 2006
Find A Grave Memorial# 15652412