This is my about my dearly loved Grandmother who had 7 children:
1. Willie Ray Smith who now lives in Midland, TX and flew the Hump during WWII
2. Lee Smith who now lives in MS not far away and was an entolmologist (probaby spelled wrong)
3. Baby Alice Smith
4. Frances Ruth Smith Kelly who is buried in Riverside, CA and you can find her records and a picture in my memorials
5. M. Eunice Smith Boiles Lightfoot who currenlty resides in New Hampshire
6. Cayce Dean (ancestor name...Dean) Smith is a geologist living in Houston
7. Tommie Lou Smith Harlow Renard living in Memphis
Grandma was 32 when she had her first child like me. I was also 32. She always had lots of flowers and when I see a daffodil I always think of her. She made wondeful biscuits and great blackberry cobbler and would always take the time to walk in the woods with me and point out all the trees and plants. Also to write down genealogy records in my diary for me.
Thanks Deedee for the pictures. I wish I could scan Grandma's age 16 picture online for this record.
Note: Grandma was called Lu Delia as they all went by middle names not first names. Her mother in actually buried in the grave there near her as her father died in Arkansas on The White River of yellow fever.