|Birth: ||Oct., 1779|
New York, USA
|Death: ||Apr. 16, 1837|
Asa was the son of Darius Adams and his wife Mary White.
7 ADAMS siblings:
1. Anna Adams, B-Gorham (Hopewell), Ontario, NY and D-unknown; m. (_) Phelps; d. unknown.
2. [Self] Asa Adams (10/1779-4/16/1840) B-Gorham (Hopewell), Ontario, NY, and D-Farmington, Oakland, MI.
3. Lucy Adams, B-Gorham (Hopewell), Ontario, NY and D-unknown; m. (_) Gregg.
4. Polly Adams, B-Gorham (Hopewell) Ontario, NY and D-unknown.
5. Amasa Adams (9/13/1772-1/8/1831), B-?Pomfret, Windham, CT, D-Manchester, Ontario, NY.
6. Darius Adams (1/8/1774-12/25/1851). B-?MA D-Plymouth, Chenago, NY.
Darius: #73581451/req. link, 1/11/2013.
7. Cynthia Adams (4/30/1782-4/21/1850). B-?CT D-Albion, Calhoun, MI.
8. Sally Adams (8/2/1792-7/1867). B probably NY, D-Hopkinton, Delaware, Iowa.
Asa married Polly Warner, of Massachusetts, in Gorham, NY. Polly was the daughter of David-5 C. Warner, Sr. and his wife Mary Russell.
7 ADAMS children:
1. H. Ebenezer/Eber Adams (1802-1870).
2. Clarissa Adams (1803-1836).
3. Fidelia Adams (1807-1902).
4. James Madison (1811-1873).
5. David W, Adams (1812-1898).
6. Darius Adams B-1816 (died in infancy).
7. Lucretia Adams B-1819 (died in infancy).
After some years they moved to Parma, Monroe, NY, and in 1833 they moved to Oakland County, MI, where both of them died. They were faithful members of the Baptist Church, of which Asa was a deacon the greater part of his life.
The couple initially settled in Sharon, Schoharie, NY. Around 1802, however, they removed to Gorham (now Hopewell), Ontario, NY, where the first five of their children were born.
Around 1816 the family moved yet again, settling in Parma, Monroe, NY.
In the early 1830s, several members of the family came to Michigan.
Original Highland Township Landowner:
Asa and two sons, Eber Adams and James "Madison" Adams, were all original landowners in Highland Township, Oakland, MI, but only Eber Adams appears to have actually settled here.
Asa Adams eventually moved to Farmington, Oakland, MI, where he died on April 16, 1837 at the age of 60 years and 6 months. His wife, Polly (Warner) Adams, likewise died at Farmington on September 18, 1861.
Source: The Highland Township Historical Society, Highland, Oakland, MI.
Research: Mary E. Warner, 2011, 2013.
Fraya Weiss, 2013.
Additional source: Rosemary Hagemyer, 2011.
Source for Darius Adams and wife Mary White and children: Family Tree Maker: P. Pollock, San Jose, California. Updated 2010. http://familytreemaker.genealogy.com/users/p/o/l/Penny-Pollock-CA/GENE2-0003.html.
Note: There is a disagreement as to where Polly and Asa settled while in upstate NY.
Note: Birth year, assuming death year is 1837 and subtracting the 60 yrs.. until further suggestions. FBW
ADAMS lineage: Asa-7 Adams, Darius-6 Adams, Benajah-5 Adams, John-4 Adams, Richard-3 Adams, James-2 Adams, John-1 Adams.
Darius Adams (1747 - 1803)
Mary White Adams (1750 - ____)
Polly Warner Adams (1779 - 1861)*
H. Ebenezer Adams (1802 - 1870)*
Clarissa Adams Hildreth (1803 - 1836)*
Fidelia Case Adams Phelps (1807 - 1902)*
James Madison Adams (1811 - 1873)*
David W. Adams (1812 - 1898)*
Darius Adams (1774 - 1851)*
Asa Adams (1779 - 1837)
Cynthia Adams Warner (1782 - 1850)*
Sally Adams Holmes (1792 - 1867)*
RE: Asa Adams
When you look at the picture, the year of death is not 1817. It is 18__7. The first half of the third number is missing and the second half looks like either an 8 or 3.
Credit go to Twist.
All other records states death 1840, the broken number looks like it is to fat for an 8, compared to the other 8 on the stone, so my guess it should be a 3.. FBW.
East Farmington Cemetery
Maintained by: Mary E. Warner
Originally Created by: Pamela Sitler
Record added: Jun 20, 2004
Find A Grave Memorial# 8961257
|Photos may be scaled.|
Click on image for full size.