|Birth: ||1879, Ukraine|
|Death: ||Jan. 1, 1951|
Son of Julius/Judah and Hilda/Hoda (Eisberg) Agron.
Hirsch was short for Hershel.
He married c. 1906, Ukraine, to Anna Elke Bruestein, the daughter of Abraham and Bessie Bruestein.
They came to America in 1913, arriving at Ellis Island on 29 Aug 1913 on the R.M.S. Lusitania, the same ship that two years later would be torpedoed and sunk by a German submarine in the opening days of World War I and bring the U.S. into the war. Hirshe and Ann (Elke) arrived safely with their family.
Lusitania Torpedoed and sunk off the Irish coast; 1,198 lost in 1915.
Manifest for Lusitania Sailing from Liverpool
Date of Arrival: Aug 29, 1913
0001. Agronsky, Girshe M 34y M Russia Nowgorod, Russia
0002. Agronsky, Elke F 32y M Russia Nowgorod, Russia
0003. Agronsky, Meier M 6y S Russia Nowgorod, Russia
0004. Agronsky, Aron M 4y S Russia Nowgorod, Russia
00005 Agronsky, Frume F 2y S Russia Nowgorod, Russia
0006. Agronsky, Freide F 9m S Russia Nowgorod, Russia
Hershel Americanized his name from Hershel Agronsky to Harry Agron. This would cause some confusion in public records as his brother Hillel adopted the same name.
They settled in St. Joseph, Buchanan Co., Missouri along with most of the rest of Harry's family. They were listed there on the 1920 census, which shows that Harry was working as a merchant:
1920 Buchanan Co., MO, St. Joseph, 7th WD, p. 262
H. Agron, 39, came to US 1914 nat'd 1915, Russia, merchantile
Anna, 37, alien, Russia
Meyer, 13, Russia
Harry, 12, Russia
Fannie, 9, Russia
Jule (male), 8, Russia
Minnie, 4, MO
Harry was naturalized in 1927, not 1915 as was stated on the 1920 census:
St. Joseph Petitions, Name index to naturalization petitions ca. 1908-1976.
U.S. District Court, Wetern District of Missouri, Northern Division, St. Joseph MO, Record Group 21.
Agronsky, Hirsch 3/7/1927 Russia 9,789
Harry died 1 Jan 1951, St. Joseph, Buchanan Co., MO, aged about 71, and was buried Shaare Sholem cemetery.
Anna died 8 Jun 1958, St. Joseph, Buchanan Co., MO, and was buried next to Harry.
1. Meyer N. Agron, b. 1906, Ukraine; m. 1st to Rose Gold [b. 1908; d. 1964]; m. 2nd to Marge _____; he d. 1983; buried Evergreen Memorial Park, Tucson, Pima Co., AZ. His Hebrew name on tombstone is Meyer Nahum son of Tzvi Hirsh.
2. J. Harry Aaron Agron, b. 1907, St. Joseph, Buchanan Co., MO; m. 29 Oct 1928, Kansas City, MO to Rose Cortez; he d. 1970; buried Evergreen Memorial Park, Tucson, Pima Co., AZ. His Hebrew name on tombstone is Aaron son of Tzvi Hirsh.
3. Fannie Frume Agron, b. 1911, Ukraine; m. Harry Katcher and had two children.
4. Minnie Rose Frieda, b. Dec 1912, St. Joseph, Buchanan Co., MO; m. 7 Jun 1936 to Isadore Dunn [b. 1909] and had three children.
5. Jule Agron, b. 25 Feb 1912, St. Joseph, Buchanan Co., MO; m.; Sophie Pomerantz [b. 1912; d. 1984]; d. 28 Dec 2000; buried Evergreen Memorial Park, Tucson, Pima Co., AZ. Jule and Sophie had at least three children. His Hebrew name on tombstone is Yehudah son of Tzvi Hirsh.
Julius Judah Agron (1832 - 1910)
Hilda Hoda Eisberg Agron (1829 - 1924)
Annie Brustein Agron (____ - 1958)*
Meyer N. Agron (1906 - 1983)*
J. Harry Agron (1907 - 1970)*
Jule Agron (1912 - 2000)*
Samuel Sandor Agron (1863 - 1929)*
Lea Agron Dolginoff (1864 - 1923)*
Aaron Orlich Agron (1865 - 1932)*
Harry Hillel Agron (1867 - 1957)*
Harry Hirsch Agron (1879 - 1951)
Hannah Emma Agron Eisberg (1883 - 1924)*
Shaare Sholem Cemetery
Maintained by: Bev Golden
Originally Created by: Bruce Wertz
Record added: May 05, 2009
Find A Grave Memorial# 36775344
|Photos may be scaled.|
Click on image for full size.