|Birth: ||Nov. 2, 1869|
|Death: ||Jan. 4, 1942|
Gertrude CARTER (nee WISNESKI) was born November 2, 1869 in Ohio, the daughter of John WISNESKI and Minnie JOBLUNSKA, who were born in Germany /Poland. She died January 4, 1942 in Cuyahoga county, Ohio, a resident of Ravenna, Portage county, Ohio. She was buried in Maple Grove Cemetery, Ravenna.
Gertrude married May 3, 1905 at age 35 in Summit county, Ohio, Edwin H. CARTER. He was age 45, born August 14, 1859 in Ohio, the son of William CARTER and Eveline GILLETT. He died February 11, 1933 at his home in Ravenna, Ohio at age 74.
Edwin 1st married at age 21 to Ella STEWART who was born about 1859 in Indiana. Ella was 71 and living with daughter Cora in Akron in 1930.
CHILDREN OF EDWIN AND ELLA:
* Mrs Cora Maahs born May 1, 1885 in OH, married at age 22 on February 21, 1907 in Summit county, OH 23 year old Henry William MAAHS born August 27, 1884 in OH the son of August W. MAAHS and Christina LOOF. They had twin daughters Edna and Beatrice. Cora died a widow, January 14, 1972 at Edwin Shaw Rehabilitation Center in Summit Co, OH at age 87, a resident of Akron.
* Mrs Edna Frances Marsh born May 21, 1884 in OH, she died before 1958. She married at age 36, June 22, 1920 in Summit Co., OH Harry Edmond MARSH. He was age 32, born March 31, 1888 in OH, the son of Simon P Marsh and Sophia YOUNG. He died January 15, 1958 age 69 in a nursing home in Tallmadge, Summit Co, OH, widowed.
* Mrs. Mary MILCK of Hardington, NE
* Mrs. Elizabeth (Frank) REICHLE of Bedford, OH died Jan 1958
* Mrs. Kate Grorjohn
* Mrs. Clara Kaup of Westpoint, NE
EDWIN CARTER'S SIBLINGS:
* Jessie WALTE of Akron
* Nettie JOHNSON of Macedonia, Summit co, OH
* Albert CARTER in Peninsula, OH
Edwin's funeral arrangements were by Sloan's Funeral Parlors, Ravenna, Ohio. Gertrude's funeral was in charge of the Wood Funeral Home in Ravenna.
Source: Cleveland Necrology File, Reel #013; etc.
Edwin H. Carter (1857 - 1933)
Maple Grove Cemetery
Plot: Section F Lot 66
Created by: Mary K. Ward
Record added: Dec 17, 2011
Find A Grave Memorial# 82079526