|Birth: ||Feb. 16, 1876|
|Death: ||Sep. 14, 1948|
Sarah Elizabeth Simmons was born the daughter of Abraham Simmons born Ohio his father born Virginia and Sarah Margaret Bishop born March 26, 1859 Ohio. They are buried in Scranton, Iowa.
Abraham and Sarah Simmons were parents of :
1. William Alonzo Simmons May 7, 1859-December 11, 1859 buried Easterly Cemetery.
2. Nancy Margaret Simmons born September 15, 1860.
3. Rebecca Simmons born ___ __, 1862.
4. Unnamed son born May 16, 1864.
5. Samuel Nathan Simmons born September 7, 1865.
6. Clement Ann (Simmons) Clews born January 23, 1867.
7. Maria Katherine (Simmons) Sexton born November 12, 1869 Tipton, Iowa.
8. John Thomas Simmons born November 18, 1872.
9. Frances (Frank) Marion Simmons born November 14, 1874.
10.Sarah Elizabeth (Simmons) Betzer born February 16, 1876 Tipton, Iowa.
11. Alice May Simmons born February 12, 1878.
12. Hannah Isabelle (Simmons) Sexton born February 21, 1880.
13. Earl Abraham Simmons born June 12, 1882.
14. James Irving Simmons born July 12, 1884.
John Thomas Simmons, Frank Marion Simmons and Alice May Simmons were all deafened from outbreak of diptheria or scarlet fever when they were children.
Sarah Elizabeth Simmons was married to William Irving Betzer Jr. on August 25, 1895 Troy Mills, Linn County, Iowa. He is buried in this cemetery. They were parents of ten children: Lucinda (Betzer) Oliphant see this cemetery; Rozelma May (Betzer) Schuman buried this cemetery; Harold Richard Betzer buried Mount Clark Cemetery near Central City, Iowa; Willis Irving Betzer buried Holy Cross Cemetery in Anamosa, Iowa; Wilma Ione (Betzer) Jerome buried this cemetery; Elza Earl Betzer buried Wyoming, Iowa; Viola Genevieve (Betzer) Oldridge buried this cemetery; Lois Opal (Betzer) Peyton buried this cemetery; Retha Luvon (Betzer) Jamison/Dake buried this cemetery; Effie Louise (Betzer) Bodenhofer/Haring buried in Springdale Cemetery in Clinton, Iowa.
~0bit~Sarah Elizabeth, daughter of Sarah and Abe Simmons was born February 16, 1876 near Tipton, Iowa. Later the family moved to Green County where she grew to womanhood. She was united in marriage to William Betzer Jr. on August 25, 1895 and to this union ten children were born. Nine of whom survive, daughter Wilma having preceded her in death in 1927. Besides the husband, the following children survive; nine children; 40 grandchildren and 28 great-grandchildren and one sister. Their early life was spent in Linn and Jones County. She had been in failing health for several years and Saturday, September 11, she fell, breaking her hip, and as a result passed away at Mercy Hospital in Anamosa, on Tuesday, September 14, at 6:30 A.M.
William Irving Betzer (1870 - 1967)*
Rozelma May Betzer Schuman (1897 - 1996)*
Wilma Ione Betzer Jerome (1903 - 1927)*
Viola Geneieve Betzer Oldridge (1907 - 1994)*
Lois Opal Betzer Peyton (1911 - 1955)*
Retha Luvone Betzer Jamison Dake (1917 - 1996)*
Circle Grove Cemetery
Created by: Daphane Hoover
Record added: Jan 05, 2011
Find A Grave Memorial# 63741277