|Birth: ||Mar. 24, 1894|
|Death: ||Nov. 3, 1993|
She was born to Adelbert & Phoebe Simmonds. She was the 7th child born to her parents. Her siblings were: Ona Viola, Ernest Lazel, Earl Erzel, Effie Lavina, Eva Mahala, Mary Ethel, Elva Miles,
Elsie Elnora, baby boy died 4 days after birth, Obie Eugene, and baby girl still born.
Flora Idel Simmonds Behmer
1. She lived by the word of God. She knew what her priorities were. Her greatest desire was to see her family saved. In her own words: with Jesus in the family happy, happy home!
2. She taught people to face their problems. Nothing was difficult to solve; it only took courage and trust in the Lord. There was no Mountain to tall to climb. In her own words: Lay your problems at Jesus's feet and if you have faith in a mustard seed you can move tall mountains.
3. She believed in the power of prayer. There was no problem to small or to big for Jesus. She pleaded with her loved ones to ask the Lord for knowledge. Prayer was a habit. The more you talk to God the closer you are to Heaven.
4.Diplomacy was important. In her own words: Be wise as a serpent and harmless as a dove. The least said is the easiest mended.
5. Gods laws and promises were written in her heart. Often she reminded her loved ones: Keep Sabbath holy and live by the Lord's Commandments.
6. She had great repeated experiences with the Lord. One day she had no money to buy shoes. Her children were very young and she was living in Puyallup, WA. She gave the last dollar to the Lord as she knelt down and pleaded for help to buy a new pair of shoes.
Later that day as she was standing on the sidewalk in front of the shoe store, she suddenly looked down and there was a ten dollar bill at her foot. With this ten dollars she was able to purchase shoes for herself, a new pair of shoes each for her two daughters, Lois and Lucille. This only one testimony that she told with tears of joy in her heart for the Lord.
In her own words, "Pay your tithe and trust the Lord. God is my father, he asks only $1.00 out of Ten. Could you cheat your father?"
7. She believed that people were destroyed from a lack of knowledge and would tell us to remember when in serious trouble say stead fast in prayer and the Lord Almighty will give you the power of the Holy Spirit to speak through you in front of kings, queens and jailors.
8. She was very forgiving she was never a hyporcite. She never held a grudge. This is probably why she lived to be the seasoned age of 99. In her own words: "Forget and forgive".
9. Throughout her life she shared this special metaphor with all her children and grandchildren:
There was once a pretty chicken
But his friends were very few.
For he thought there was nothing in this world, but what he knew.
He was always in the barn yard, in a very forward way. Telling hens and geese and turkeys what they ought to do and say.___
"See here, my old hen turken," he replied to her one day. "You shouldn't sit all summer on your nest upon the hay."
"You don't even go out to the meadow, Where the grass with seeds is filled".
"If I did," replied turkey"
"Then My eggs would all be chilled".
"What's an egg, replied the chicken."
"What's an egg to me or you! What an egg?" replied the turkey.
Can it be you do not know? "What yourself was in an egg shell just six tiny weeks ago."
And if kind wings, had not warmed you,
You would not be here today--
Telling hens and geese and turkeys what they ought to do and say." To be very wise, and show it, is a pleasant thing no doubt.
"But when young folks talk to old folks,
They should know what it's about."
10.She was a person who taught people to believe in themselves. She always said: "Hold your head up high, even if your tail drags the ground."
Flora is only asleep. People never die unless we forget them.
Adelbert E Simmonds (1858 - 1930)
Phebe M Hubbs Simmonds (1860 - 1919)
Harry Lewis Behmer (1893 - 1975)*
Helen Lucille Behmer Jewell (1916 - 1981)*
Fred Elsworth Simmonds (1879 - 1963)*
Ona Viola Simmonds Crown (1881 - 1965)*
Ernest L Simmonds (1883 - 1962)*
Earl E Simmonds (1885 - 1977)*
Flora Idel Simmonds Behmer (1894 - 1993)
Elva Miles Simmonds (1896 - 1899)*
Mountain View Memorial Park
Created by: Linda Simmonds Patterson
Record added: Sep 03, 2011
Find A Grave Memorial# 75927083