|Birth: ||Sep. 7, 1833|
|Death: ||Jul. 22, 1925|
She may be taking the place of an unknown burial
her husband is Nicholas born 1828. She should be
buried in this same cemetery.
On 17 June 1885, Mr. [Nicholas] BOLL was united in marriage to Mary RETTINGER, who had emigrated from Dumstadt when eleven years of age. Mr. and Mrs. [Nicholas] BOLL shortly afterward moved to Fort Atkinson [Jefferson County], Wisconsin, and from there to Manitowoc County, settling at Clark's Mills in 1864. Here he engaged in the hotel business for about nineteen years and then moved to Antigo [Langlade County]. He then took up a homestead in Rolling Township [Langlade County]. While in Antigo he conducted a hotel and lived an honorable and useful life. He lived to see Antigo grow from a little hamlet to a thriving city of nearly ten thousand inhabitants.
Ten children were born to Mr. and Mrs. [Nicholas] BOLL:
(1) Barbara, now Mrs. Henry HEIM, of Santa Rosa [Sonoma County], California;
(2) Anna, now Mrs. Anna SMITH [husband deceased or his given name unknown?], of Norwood Township [Langlade County, Wisconsin];
(3) Mary, now Mrs. William YENTZ, of the city of Antigo; (4) Elizabeth, now Mrs. Thomas SCHMITZ, of the city of Antigo;
(5) Anthony, former Langlade County Sheriff, a resident of Antigo;
(6) Theresa, now Mrs. Anton MOWOTNY, the wife of the Clerk of the Circuit Court;
(7) Maggie, now Mrs. John HERMAN, of Antigo;
(8) Joseph, a prominent lumberman of Antigo;
(9) Nicholas Jr., deceased; and
(10) Emma, now Mrs. R. A. BLOEDORN, of Polar Township [Langlade County]. Mrs. Nicholas BOLL, Sr., is living at 417 Hudson Street.
Source: Langlade Biographies online.
Nicholas J. Boll (1828 - 1911)*
Queen of Peace Catholic Cemetery
Created by: Janet Milburn
Record added: Aug 14, 2012
Find A Grave Memorial# 95327839