|Birth: ||Nov. 2, 1906|
|Death: ||Dec. 19, 2008|
- The funeral for Mrs. Lilla Reed Crosby of 539 Fox Ave. will be conducted at 2 p.m. Saturday, Dec. 27, at Ebenezer Baptist Church in Leeds. The Rev. Warren J. Baxter Jr. will officiate, the Rev. J.D. McClurkin will deliver the eulogy and the Rev. Dennis Featherstone and the Rev. Daniel Chisholm will assist. Burial will follow in the church cemetery.
- Mrs. Crosby, 102, died Friday, Dec. 19, 2008, at Hospice and Community Care in Rock Hill.
- Born in Fairfield County on Nov. 2, 1906, she was a daughter of the late Ed Reed and Emmaline Coleman Reed. The oldest member of Ebenezer Baptist Church, Mrs. Crosby sang with the hymn choir and served as second choir leader, deaconess, mother of the Deaconess Board, primary Sunday school teacher and former church treasurer. She belonged to the Missionary Ministry, the A.P.&B. Lodge No. 12 and the C.B.&A. Society. Mrs. Crosby retired from Chester County Hospital.
- Survivors include two sons, Raymond Crosby and his wife, Ruby, and Johnny Reed, all of Chester; a sister, Rosa Lee Wilkes of Baltimore; one stepsister; seven grandchildren; 15 great-grandchildren; 14 great-great-grandchildren; one goddaughter; a devoted great-great-grandchild, Arvell Daerell Bagley of Rock Hill; a devoted niece, Peggy Moore of Long Island; a sister-in-law, Georgianna Reed of Chester; and a brother-in-law, Bobby Crosby of Queens, N.Y.
- She was preceded in death by her husband, Charner Crosby; two brothers, Aaron Reed and Cleveland Reed Sr.; a sister, Earline Johnson; two stepsisters; and two grandchildren.
- Viewing will be from 3 to 9 p.m. Friday at King's Funeral Home, 135 Cemetery St., Chester. The body will be placed in the church at 1 p.m. Saturday.
- The family will receive friends at the home of Gail and John Keenon, 125 Caldwell St., Chester.
- King's Funeral Home is in charge of arrangements.
Ebenezer Baptist Church
South Carolina, USA
Created by: Rick and Kathy Wright
Record added: Jan 09, 2011
Find A Grave Memorial# 63946274