SARAH ANN B. PACE married JAMES FLINT PETTY on April 23, 1846 in Noxubee County, Mississippi. She is the daughter of REVERAND EDWIN LAFAYETTE PACE and wife, SARAH PHILLIPS BALDWIN.
REVERAND EDWIN PACE is the son of REVERAND EDMUND PACE and wife, SARAH ELIZABETH WALKER.
JAMES FLINT was a blacksmith by trade. Arriving in Texas, he and his family first lived in Nacogdoches, Texas but when the War Between the States ended, he moved to Leon County, Texas. He and W. S. BRYAN purchased a town lot in the town of Centerville from H. I. Hall in 1870.
KNOWN CHILDREN OF JAMES FLINT AND SARAH ANN are:
(1) Elisha W. 'John' Petty (1847-1919); buried in Concord Cemetery in Leon County, Texas.
(2) Mary Eudora Petty (1851-1885); buried in Grayson Cemetery west of Marquez, Texas.
(3) Lucinda 'Lula' Petty (1853- ).
(4) Alfred Marion Petty (1858-1946); died in Marquez, Texas.
(5) George H. Petty (1861-1880's); died in Robertson County, Texas.
(6) Sam Houston Petty (1863-1947); died at Flynn, Texas.
(7) William R. Petty (1865-1936).
SIBLINGS OF SARAH ANN are:
(1) Harriet E. Pace, married first, an unknown Haynes; second Elisha Floyd Petty, a brother of James Flint Petty.
(2) Elizabeth Pace, married Jacob Vandevander; died in Kemper County, Mississippi; buried in Old Salem Cemetery.
(3) George Pace
(4) Mary Jane Pace, married an unknown Reed.
(5) Nicholas Marion Pace.
(6) Mahala Pace.
(7) Holbrook Pace.
(8) Susan Eugenia Pace.
(9) Edwin Augustus Pace.
The Pettys, Paces, Haynes and Tubbs all lived near each other at Sommerville, Noxubee County, Mississippi. Vandevanders were in adjacent Kemper County, Mississippi.
Edwin Lafayette Pace (1803 - 1890)
James Flint Petty (1820 - 1882)
Mary Eudora Petty Grayson (1851 - 1885)*
Alfred Marion Petty (1858 - 1946)*
Sam Houston Petty (1863 - 1947)*
Elizabeth J. Pace VanDevender (1824 - 1904)*
Sarah Ann B. Pace Petty (1828 - 1868)
Maintained by: Patricia Michel
Originally Created by: Dorene Loveall
Record added: Apr 16, 2012
Find A Grave Memorial# 88609094