Elizabeth J. Pendleton was born to William Monroe Pendleton and Nancy Dunning-Pendleton 1851 in Lawrence County, Missouri. She was the sixth child of nine.
Elizabeth married December 3, 1868 in Lawrence County, Missouri to Jesse W. Arnhart, son of William C. Arnhart & Mahala C. Brisco-Arnhart. Jesse W. Arnhart and Elizabeth J. Pendleton-Arnhart were married by Justice of the Peace, R. L. Burrow (Book ABC, page 451). They were the parents of nine children, all born in Lawrence County, Missouri.
1. William M. Arnhart born 1869
2. John W. Arnhart born April 18, 1871, died young.
3. Cordy Mack Arnhart born July 25, 1873 died September 24, 1942 and buried at John's Chapel Cemetery in Green County, Missouri
4. Dora A. Arnhart born 1876
5. Sarah C. Arnhart born 1878
6. Ida Crish Arnhart-Parks born November 17, 1879 died August 1, 1955 - buried McNeil Cemetery,Lawrence County, Missouri - married June 1901 to Doctor Fred Parks. Dr and Ida lived with her father, Jesse W Arnhart as of the 1910 Census in Lawrence County, Missouri. They lost six babies at birth, three boys and three girls; their first five and another after Jewell' all are buried in McNeil Cemetery. They had three children who lived and were raised in Missouri.
7. Alice Arnhart born 1881 died 1912 buried McNeil Cemetery, Lawrence County, Missouri. Married Efton Alonso Parks, son of William Fred Parks and Louisa Safronia Pearce-Parks. Efton was born January 26, 1876 died August 24, 1929 buried next to Alice and close to two infants that died young. They had seven children, five to adulthood.
8. George Alexander Arnhart born January 2, 1883 died Jan 3, 1956 and is buried Lowell, Kansas, Cemetery. George married Cora Ellen Jones, daughter of James Jasper Jones & Mary Ellen Cantrell-Jones. Cora was born August 14, 1887 and died February 19, 1965 and is buried next to George in Lowell, Cansas, Cemetery. George and Cora lived at McKinley, Missouri as of 1910 Census and her father and a brother lived with them. George and Cora moved, November 7, 1917, to Picher, Oklahoma and on November 12, 1918, moved to Baxter Springs, Kansas, where they remained, raising their six children.
9. General Cleveland Arnhart born January 26, 1885 (midwife was his Grandmother, Nancy Dunning-Pendleton). He died July 1, 1959 and is buried in the Lowell, Kansas, Cemetery.
William Monroe Pendleton (1821 - 1909)
Nancy Anney Dunning Pendleton (1820 - 1892)
Jesse W. Arnhart (1851 - 1920)*
Ida Chrish Arnhart Parks (1879 - 1955)*
Dover Baptist Church Cemetery
Maintained by: Julie Wadlow
Originally Created by: Betty Jean Wolverton-Geo...
Record added: Aug 17, 2010
Find A Grave Memorial# 57185398