|Birth: ||Feb. 15, 1837|
North Carolina, USA
|Death: ||Feb. 9, 1905|
Sophia Elizabeth Parrish was the daughter of John T. Parrish and Winnifred Todd. She was born February 15, 1837 in North Carolina, and died February 9, 1905 in Campbell, Dunklin Co., Mo. She married (1) William A. Tyson April 10, 1857 in Henry Co., Tn, son of Wright Tyson and Mrs. Tyson. He was born Abt. 1830 in Henry Co., Tn, and died Aft. 1880. They were the parents of five children.
She married (2) William Carroll Clem October 20, 1895 in Stoddard Co., Mo, son of Adam Clem and Julie Neal. He was born March 26, 1837 in Benton, IL, and died February 26, 1923 in Dunklin Co., Mo.
Children of Sophia Parrish and William Tyson are:
1. Sarah Lucinda Tyson, born August 10, 1854 in Henry Co., Tn; died June 2, 1904 in Stoddard Co., Mo. She married Thomas Sidenel Spikes December 18, 1873 in Henry Co., Tn; born March 9, 1851 in Wake County, Nc; died March 14, 1933 in Texas.
2. John Wright Tyson, born Bet. 1857 - 1858 in Henry Co., Tn; died Aft. 1912. He married (1) Sarah A. Moore September 11, 1879 in St. Francois Co., Mo; died Bet. 1880 - 1882 in St. Francois Co., Mo. He married (2) Cora Samanthia Hill October 6, 1882 in Weakley County, Tn; born February 28, 1863 in Raliegh, Wake Co., Nc; died March 17, 1912 in Madie, Lake Co., Tn.
3. Mattie Tyson, born Abt. 1860.
4. Joel S. Tyson, born April 22, 1861 in Henry Co., Tn; died March 22, 1935 in Palmersville, Weakley Co., Tn. He married Laura Sarah Roberts October 3, 1880 in Weakley Co., Tn; born August 25, 1866; died March 19, 1941 in Henry Co., Tn.
5. Winifred "Winnie" E. Tyson, born Abt. 1867 in Henry Co., Tn; died Aft. 1900. She married Francis M. Moore November 25, 1880 in St. Francois Co., Mo.
DRESDEN ENTERPRISE, Dresden, Tennessee, March 3, 1905, Mr. J. W. TYSON, of No. 5, was in Saturday and renewed his subscription; he is a staunch republican, but says he can't do without the Enterprise. which, he says, is the best county paper in the state. He tells us of the death of his sainted mother, Mrs. Elizabeth CLEM, who died at her home at Campbell, Mo., on the 9th of February, in the sixty ninth year of her age. She had been in feeble health for many months and unable to lie down. She was the daughter of Esq. Jack PARRISH and was reared in the vicinity of Cottage Grove, her father being a prominent citizen of that community.
William A. Tyson (1830 - 1881)
William Carol Clem (1837 - 1923)
John Wright Tyson (1858 - 1915)*
Oak Grove Cemetery
Created by: Lucille Adams Smith
Record added: Mar 21, 2013
Find A Grave Memorial# 107044920