The Register-Guard newspaper Eugene, Lane County, Oregon Sunday, October 11, 1931 Page Ten
MRS. BELLE PITTSLEY DIES HERE SATURDAY
Mrs. Belle Pittsley, 68, died at her home at 150 Monroe street Saturday, October 10. She was born in Iowa January 24, 1863, and afterward lived in Minnesota for seven years and South Dakota for 12 years before coming to Eugene in 1920, living here since.
Mrs. Pittsley is survived by her widower, H.B. Pittsley, six daughters and three sons as follows: Mrs. Will Buley [sh/be Beeley], Ben Pittsley, Mrs. John Johansen and Mrs. Earl Fisher, all of Eugene; Elmer (Sh/be Helmer] E. Pittsley, Mrs. Lincoln Chapin and Ernest Pittsley, all of Bird, S.D.; Mrs. Bryan Haverfield of Cheyenne, Wyoming, and Mrs. Orville Chapin of San Francisco. She was a member of the Lighthouse Temple congregation of this city.
The funeral was held at the Veatch chapel Monday at 2 p.m. with interment in the Gillespie cemetery. Rev. Harry Neet conducted the services. ~~END~~
Isabelle was her given name but she went by "Belle." Her father was Ole Olsen. Her mother, Brita Olsen, was born in May of 1818 in Trondhjem, Norway and immigrated to the United States in 1857.
The Pittsleys had eleven children born in Iowa, nine of whom survived to adulthood:
1. Bertha Pittsley was born in 1886. She married William Howard Beeley.
2. Benjamin E. Pittsley born in 1886. He married Nora.
3. Helmer Engvald Pittsley was born 28 Mar 1890 in Chickasaw, Iowa. He married Anna C.
4. Violet Elizabeth Pittsley was born in 1892. She married John Benjamin Johansen.
5. Vernie Pittsley was born in 1893. She married Lincoln Chapin.
6. Ernest Pittsley was born in 1896. He married Irene B.
7. Ruby Pittsley was born in 1898. She married Orville William Chapin.
8. Pearl Anna Pittsley was born in 1902. She married Earl Fisher.
9. Carol Pittsley was born in 1906. She married Bryan Haverfield.