|Birth: ||Aug. 1, 1759, USA|
|Death: ||Jun. 25, 1823|
SARAH MOORES-BRYARLY was born on 1 August 1759 to James Moores (1789-1802) and Mary Wakeman-Moores.
Sarah married Robert Bryarly on 30 Dec 1782 in Harford County, Maryland, and they had TWELVE children that are known of:
Wakeman Bryarly, Sr (1783-1821),
David H. Bryarly (1785-1850),
Thomas Bryarly (1787-1853),
Ann Bryarly (1789-?; possibly an infant death)
James Bryarly (1791-1860),
Jonathan Lyon Bryarly (1793-?; possibly an infant death),
Sarah "Sallie" Bryarly-Gordon (1794-1831),
Mary Ann Bryarly (1796-1865),
Deliverance Bryarly-Wyatt (1798-?),
Elizabeth "Betty" Bryarly-Gover (1801-?),
Hanna Bryarly-Lee (1802-1868), and
Apphia Bryarly-Moores (1804-1876).
Sarah passed away on 25 June 1823 in Frederick County, Virginia, and is said to have been buried at their Long Green plantation home. (Death info is from the notes of R.E. Griffith to Samuel Bryarly III).
1. Brown, Stuart E. Jr. (1983), "Annals of Clarke County Virginia," Virginia Book Company, Berryville, Virginia, Vol 1, pp. 226-236.
2. Livezey, J. H. & Davis, H. M., (1993), Harford County, Maryland Marriage Licenses, 1777-1865, p.32.
3. Morgan, Ralph H. Jr., "Harford County Wills 1774 - 1800: Harford County, Maryland," Family Line Publications: Westminster, Maryland, pp. 58-59.
Harford Co, Maryland Will Book AJ-2, p. 479, James Moores:
Daughter, *Sarah Bryarly, wife of Robert Bryarly.
4. Referenced in notes of R.E. Griffith to Samuel Bryarly III.
5. Peden, Henry C. Jr., 1988, "Heirs and Legatees of Harford County, Maryland: 1802 - 1846," Family Line Publications: Westminster, Maryland, p. 3.
(Father) James Moores' Last Will & Testament:
Wife: Mrs. Moores (Widow)
Daughters: Deliverance Howard, *Sarah Briarly, & Elizabeth Glasgow (Husband: James Glasgow).
Sons: John & Daniel Moores.
6. Peden, H. C. Jr, (1999), "Inhabitants of Harford County Maryland 1797-1800," p. 47.
Robert Bryarly & his Family (Wakeman, David, Thomas, James, & Sally) Received Medical treatment from Dr. Archer on 7 Feb 1795.
7. Friday, 16 June 1837, Baltimore Gazette & Daily Advertiser, Volume 87, Issue 14459, Page 4, Column 1.
The Probate of Sharah Moores-Bryarly's brother's Estate (Daniel Moores) names all of Robert & Sarah's children (in addition to many other relatives). Listed as named in the Probate article:
1. David Bryarly,
2. Elizabeth Bryarly (married James Gover),
3. Hannah Bryarly (married Richard D. Lee),
4. Apphia Bryarly (married Aquilla Paca Moores),
5. The children of Wakeman Bryarly, Deceased,
.....A. Elizabeth D. Bryarly &
.....B. Wakeman Bryarly),
6. Thomas Bryarly,
7. James Bryarly,
8. Mary Ann Bryarly, and
9. Deliverance Ann Bryarly (married Edward Wyatt).
Nonprofit sharing encouraged.
James Moores (____ - 1791)
Mary Wakeman Moores
Robert Bryarly (1753 - 1828)
Wakeman Bryarly (1783 - 1821)*
David H. Bryarly (1785 - 1850)*
James Bryarly (1791 - 1860)*
Mary Ann Bryarly (1796 - 1865)*
Hannah Bryarly Lee (1802 - 1868)*
Apphia Bryarly Moores (1804 - 1876)*
Sarah Moores Bryarly (1759 - 1823)
Daniel Moores (1763 - 1802)*
John Moores (1769 - 1832)*
Created by: Mark Morrow
Record added: Jul 04, 2012
Find A Grave Memorial# 93024521
|Photos may be scaled.|
Click on image for full size.