|Birth: ||Aug. 25, 1834|
South Carolina, USA
|Death: ||Jul. 11, 1905|
Robert Logan Brooks married MARY ANN McCANN on 27 Dec 1854 in Walker County. Mary was born 25 August 1834 in Newberry, South Carolina. She came to Texas to visit her sister, Harriet McCann who married Samuel Bookman. In 1862 Mary Ann bought about 78 acres of land from her brother-in-law for $685. Mary died 11 July 1905 at the age of 70. She is buried at Prarie Plains, Red Top Cemetery in Grimes County, Texas. Nine years after Mary's death, her eight surviving children filed to receive her original property and each received a share of it. The nine children of Robert Logan Brooks and Mary Ann McCann Brooks were:
1. Harriet Cornelia Brooks, born 07 Nov 1855 at Huntsville. She died at the age of 16
and is buried beside her mother at Red Top Cemetery at Prarie Plains.
2. James Henry Brooks was born 20 Jan 1857 at Loma Community. He married first, Ollie Driscoll and second, Mary Jane Cotton in 1885. He died at the age of 79 in 1936
and is buried at Johnson Chapel Cemetery, Martha's Chapel.
3. Angelina F. Brooks was born 10 Feb 1859 at Loma and married Marion Smith. She died at age 60 in Madison County, Texas and is buried at Foster Cemetery.
4. * SIRENA BROOKS was born 28 Jan 1862 at Loma. She married *JOHN LUTHER SANDEL on 06 Nov 1883. John and "Rena" had seven children. Sirena died at the age of 80 and is buried at Foster Cemetery.
5. Georgia Ann Brooks was born 27 Jan 1866 at Loma. She married Sterling Owens of Bedias, Grimes County. She died 26 Dec 1939.
6. Robert Mann Brooks (twin of Willey McCann) was born 28 Jun 1868 at Loma. He married Lillah Spencer Guerrant in 1890. Robert died at the age of 81 and is buried at Red
Top Cemetery. Lillah lived to more than 100 years of age.
7. Willey McCann Brooks (twin of Robert Mann Brooks) was born 28 June 1868 at Loma. He married Alma Hinkle. Willey died at the age of 64 and is buried at Forest Park Cemetery in Houston.
8. John Logan Brooks was born 16 August 1870. He married Lucy Driscoll. John died 25 July 1932 at the age of 62 and is buried at Driscoll Cemetery.
9. Ella Wallis Brooks was born 24 June 1873 at Loma. On 16 Nov 1893 she married Charles David McCulloch. She died 03 April 1943 at the age of 70 at Huntsville and is
buried Oakwood Cemetery in Huntsville.
Harriet Cornelia Brooks (1855 - 1871)*
Sirena Brooks Sandel (1862 - 1943)*
Robert Mann Brooks (1868 - 1949)*
Red Top Cemetery
Created by: Judi Braddick
Record added: Jun 18, 2007
Find A Grave Memorial# 19957665
My GGGGrandmother Brooks I wish we would have known each other in this life. You have many children carrying on that know who you are. I Love You.|
Added: Jul. 15, 2012
Added: Jun. 4, 2008