|Birth: ||Aug. 5, 1921|
|Death: ||Apr. 4, 2005|
d/o Rodney L. Lane and Ludelia Ennis
Mrs. Donald E. Martin Sr., 83 passed away at home April 4, 2005 after an extended illness. Survived by husband of 65 years, Donald Eugene Martin Sr. She was a member of the First Bpt. Church of Lawrenceville, Lawrenceville Garden Club, and the Anne Winn Chapter O.E.S. She was born in Pembroke, GA on Aug. 5, 1921 and lived there until marrying Mr. Martin. Preceded in death by parents, Rodney L. and Ludelia Ennis Lane; 8 brothers and sisters. "Charlie" was a wonderful mother to her children, Donald E. (Brenda) Martin Jr. and Linda Martin (Michael Dow) Taylor Sr. Mrs. Martin is survived by 6 grandchildren and 3 great grandchildren. Funeral Thurs. at Wages Lawrenceville Chapel with Dr. Lamar Holley off. and interment at Gw. Memorial Gardens.
- - - - - -
All of her siblings, including her, are listed below, in birth order:
1)THELMA LUCILLE LANE-BREWTON (24 SEP 1905 - 17 DEC 1994) - NORTHSIDE CEMETERY, BRYAN COUNTY, GEORGIA, FAG #66226791. Family Links Posted on FAG.
2) ETTA JANE LANE (B. CIRCA 1908, D. 1912) - NORTHSIDE CEMETERY, BRYAN COUNTY, GEORGIA. BURIED IN AN UNMARKED GRAVE NEXT TO HER MOTHER. NAME AND DATES INSCRIPTION NEEDS TO BE PLACED ON THE STONE SLAB OR A SMALL IDENTIFYING HEADSTONE PLACED THEREON.
3) ESSIE LEE LANE-KENNEDY (02 JAN 1909 - 03 JUL 2002) - NORTHSIDE CEMETERY, BRYAN COUNTY, GEORGIA, FAG #66225980. Family Links Posted on FAG.
4) THOMAS "B. J." LANE (B. 04 MAR 1911, D. UNKNOWN) - NORTHSIDE CEMETERY, BRYAN COUNTY, GEORGIA. PERHAPS BURIED NEAR HIS PARENTS NEXT TO HIS SIBLING, ETTA JANE LANE IN AN UNMARKED GRAVE. STILL CHECKING.
5) ADOLPHUS JAMES LANE (04 MAR 1913 - 12 MAR 1984) - BAY BRANCH CEMETERY, EVANS COUNTY, GEORGIA, FAG #15901838. Family Links Posted on FAG.
6) CARLOS LENFORD LANE (14 JAN 1915 - 29 AUG 1993) - NORTHSIDE CEMETRY, BRYAN COUNTY, GEORGIA, FAG #65495625. Family Links Posted on FAG.
7) WILLA MAYE “BILL” LANE-MEEKINS (31 JAN 1918 - 19 OCT 1979) - NORTHSIDE CEMETERY, BRYAN COUNTY, GEORGIA, FAG #65481847. Family Links Posted on FAG.
8) CHARLES WESLEY LANE, SR. (20 APR 1919 - 03 DEC 1984) - NORTHSIDE CEMETERY, BRYAN COUNTY, GEORGIA, FAG #65495554. Family Links Posted on FAG.
9) PHENIA “CHARLIE” LOU LANE-MARTIN, (05 AUG 1921 - 04 APR 2005) - GWINNETT MEMORIAL PARK, GWINNETT COUNTY, GEORGIA, FAG #68950557. Family Links Posted on FAG.
10) RODERICK LENFORD LANE, JR. (11 MAY 1924 - 30 OCT 1969) - NORTHSIDE CEMETERY, BRYAN COUNTY, GEORGIA #66456420. Family Links Posted on FAG.
11) JOSEPH HOWARD LANE, SR. (31 MAY 1928 - 19 OCT 1984) - FOREST LAWN MEMORY GARDENS, SAVANNAH, CHATHAM COUNTY, GEORGIA. FAG # 141576351. Family Links Posted on FAG. HE MARRIED PATTY BURNSIDE. MRS. PATTY BURNSIDE LANE IS A RESIDENT OF MAGNOLIA MANOR, ST. SIMONS, GEORGIA, AS OF THIS WRITING, MONDAY, JANUARY 12, 2015. JOSEPH AND PATTY LANE HAVE ONE SON, JOSEPH HOWARD LANE, JR., MARRIED FIRST DIANE LANE (MAIDEN NAME UNKNOWN AT THIS TIME). THIS SON CURRENTLY LIVES IN EVANS COUNTY, GEORGIA. JOSEPH & PATTY LANE HAVE GRANDCHILDREN, BUT THEIR NAMES ARE UNKNOWN AT THIS TIME. STILL CHECKING.
This biography compiled, April 12, 2015, by William Kenneth Bowen, a grandson of Ella J. Ennis, sister of Phenia's mother, Ludelia Ennis. This is a WORK IN PROGRESS and will be updated periodically as new data is verified.
Roderick Lenford Lane (1878 - 1951)
Ludelia Ennis Lane (1884 - 1943)
Donald Eugene Martin (1920 - 2005)
Thelma Lane Brewton (1905 - 1994)*
Essie Lee Lane Kennedy (1909 - 2002)*
Dolphus James Lane (1913 - 1984)*
Carlos Lenford Lane (1915 - 1993)*
Willa Mae Lane Meekins (1918 - 1979)*
Charles Wesley Lane (1919 - 1984)*
Phenia Lou Lane Martin (1921 - 2005)
Roderick Lenford Lane (1924 - 1969)*
Joseph Howard Lane (1928 - 1984)*
Gwinnett Memorial Park
Maintained by: WILLIAM K. Bowen
Originally Created by: wtmartin
Record added: Apr 26, 2011
Find A Grave Memorial# 68950557