|Birth: ||Mar. 12, 1779|
|Death: ||Jan. 21, 1859|
Andrew Jackson Lair (Lahrer) was born on March 12, 1779 in Rockingham Co., Virginia, the son of Joseph Lahrer and Persis (Warren) Lahrer. Andrew Jackson Lair was married first to Emily Panner.
Andrew Jackson Lair was married 2nd c. March 22, 1803 in Rockingham Co., Virginia to Ruth HENTON, who was born on 17 Oct 1780 in Rockingham Co., Virginia and who is believed to have died sometime between 1850 and when the family moved to Illinois in the late 1850's. Her parents were Ebenezer HENTON and Emele (or Amelia) (MATTHEWS) HINTON.
Their children were;
1. Dillilah LAIR, born c. February 25, 1803/04 in Rockingham Co., Virginia; Dillilah died February 9, 1879 in Hilliar Township, Knox Co., Ohio; Her tombstone states she was 75y, 11m, 15d. old which would make her year of birth 1803; married to Levi DeBolt on December 1, 1821 in Licking County, Ohio; Levi was born in August of 1800 in Pennsylvania and died on October 26, 1881 in Hilliar Township, Knox Co., Ohio at the age of 81; They are buried in the Centerburg Cemetery, Centerburg, Knox County, Ohio.
2. William LAIR, born August 25, 1805 in Rockingham Co., Virginia; William died on February 4, 1857 in Akron Township, Peoria Co., Illinois; married to Rebecca DEBOLT on July 16, 1828 in Licking Co., Ohio; Rebecca DeBolt was born on February 20, 1808 in Pennsylvania; Rebecca died on July 5, 1874 in Princeville, Peoria Co., Illinois at the age of 66; They are buried in Princeville Township Cemetery, Princeville, Peoria Co., Illinois.
3. Mildred LAIR, born c. June 18, 1807 in Rockingham Co., Virginia.
4. Joseph M. LAIR, born July 24, 1809 in Rockingham Co., Virginia; died on February 13, 1881 in Akron, Akron Township, Peoria Co., Illinois; married c. 1833 to Phebe WARD (1809-1898); They are buried in the Princeville Township Cemetery, Princeville, Peoria County, Illinois.
5. Ebenezer Hinton LAIR, born March 11, 1811 in Rockingham Co., Virginia; married to Anna __________, who was born c. 1813; married c. 1834 in Ohio
6. Levey Custer LAIR, born December 10, 1813 in Licking Co., Ohio; died on 18 Jan 1882 in Hilliar Township, Centerburg, Knox Co., Ohio; married to Emily McConchie (or McConkey) on March 12, 1865 in Knox County, Ohio; Emily was the daughter of Walter McConkey and Rachael (Waddell) McConkey; Emily was born c. 1837 in Ohio and died sometime after the 1900 census; Levey and Emily had 4 daughters: Florence b. 1866; Luella b. 1869; Dora May b. 1875 and d. 1960); and Gerty b. 1879, all born in Ohio.
7. Andrew Jackson LAIR, born February 17, 1815 in Licking Co., Ohio; married c. 1844 to Mary __________
8. Hester Ann LAIR, born February 17, 1817 in Licking Co., Ohio
9. Reason Ward LAIR, born December 8, 1819 in Licking Co., Ohio
10. Michael Warren LAIR, born July 29, 1821 in Licking Co., Ohio; died on Dec. 22, 1900; married to Sarah Jane Austin in December of 1847; buried in the Richland Memorial Cemetery, Herndon, Guthrie County, Iowa.
11. David Letz LAIR, born January 31, 1827 in Licking Co., Ohio; married to Bathsheba ___________ c. 1871; Bathesheba was born c. 1853; David Letz Lair died on March 8, 1914 and his earthly remains were laid to rest in the Star Ridge Cemetery, Polk, Polk County, Missouri.
At the time of the 1820 Census the Lair family is found in Washington Township, Licking Co, Ohio as follows;
Andrew Lair (farmer)
MALES: (5) born between 1810-1820; (1) born between 1804-1810; (1) born between 1776-1795
FEMALES: (1) born between 1796-1804; (1) born 1776-1795
At the time of the 1830 Census the Lair family is found in Morgan Township, Knox Co, Ohio as follows;
Andrew Lair (farmer)
MALES: (1) born 1826-1830; (1) born 1821-1825; (1) born 1816-1820; (3) born 1811-1815; (1) born 1801-1810; (1) born 1771-1780
FEMALES: (1) born 1781-1790
At the time of the 1840 census the Lair family is found in ___________ County, Ohio;
At the time of the 1850 census the Lair family is found in Hilliar Township, Knox Co., Ohio as follows;
Household Gender Age Birthplace
Andrew Lair M 70 Virginia
Ruth Lair F 65 Virginia
Levi Lair M 35 Ohio
Rezin Lair M 31 Ohio
Michael Lair M 25 Ohio
Letz Lair F 22 Ohio
Sometime between 1850 and 1857, Andrew and some of his children came west to Illinois, where they settled in the Princeville Township area of Peoria County. His oldest son, William, died there in 1857 and Andrew died there in 1859. It is believed that Ruth had died before this move was made, but, this is assumed as she is not found in the 1860 census and no grave has been located for her in Princeville.
Andrew Jackson Lair's mortal remains were laid in the Princeville Township Cemetery.
by Baxter B. Fite III, whose email address is email@example.com, and Karen R. Hammer, whose email address is firstname.lastname@example.org
Joseph Lair (1745 - 1823)
Persis Warren Lair (1760 - 1826)
Ruth Henton Lair (1780 - ____)*
Dillilah Lair Debolt (1803 - 1879)*
William Lair (1805 - 1857)*
Joseph M Lair (1809 - 1881)*
Levey Custer Lair (1813 - 1882)*
Michael Warren Lair (1821 - 1900)*
Letz Lair (1827 - 1914)*
Andrew Jackson Lair (1779 - 1859)
William Lair (1783 - 1806)*
Elizabeth Lair Letts (1785 - 1835)*
Persis Lair Bryan (1788 - 1856)*
Eleanor Lair Dunnavan (1791 - 1873)*
Mary Lair (1794 - 1806)*
Hannah Lair (1794 - 1806)*
Sarah Lair Payne (1796 - 1884)*
Esther Lair Coulter (1798 - 1850)*
Princeville Township Cemetery
Plot: Div C, Row 14, Lot 83
Maintained by: One Foot In The Grave
Originally Created by: John Melton
Record added: Sep 29, 2008
Find A Grave Memorial# 30182974
|Photos may be scaled.|
Click on image for full size.
Added: Oct. 24, 2011