|Birth: ||Jun., 1840|
|Death: ||Jun. 23, 1915|
Private HENRY KILVER, Co. H, 86th Illinois
Henry J. Kilver was born on June __, 1840 at __________, Illinois in Cass County, the son of __________ Kilver and __________ (__________) Kilver, both of whom were born in Germany.
ILLINOIS STATE ARCHIVES
Illinois Civil War Detail Report
Name KILVER, HENRY J Rank PVT
Company H Unit 86 IL US INF
Residence PEORIA, PEORIA CO, IL
Age 22 Height 5' 6 Hair BROWN
Eyes BLUE Complexion FAIR
Marital Status SINGLE
Nativity CASS CO, IL
Joined When AUG 13, 1862
Joined Where PEORIA, IL
Joined By Whom D H MAGEE Period 3 YRS
Muster In AUG 27, 1862
Muster In Where PEORIA, IL
Muster In By Whom
Muster Out JUN 22, 1865
Muster Out Where DAVID ISLAND, NY
Muster Out By Whom LT QUICK
Remarks WOUNDED IN ACTION NEAR BENTONVILLE NC MAR 19, 1865
Illinois State Marriage records state that John Henry Kilver was married to a Wilhelmina Temmink on July 20, 1865 in Cass County, Illinois. Wilhelmina "Minnie" (Temmink) Kilver was born on March 27, 1842 in Holland, the daughter of J__________ Temmink and __________ (__________) Temmink. According to Henry Kilver Jr's death certificate, his father, Henry Kilver, was born in Cass County, Illinois, while his mother, Wilhelmina Timmick, was born in Holland. Joseph's death certificate states that his father, Henry J. Kilver, was born in Bridgetown, Illinois, while his mother, Wilhelmina, was born in Holland.
1. Fred J. Kilver, born __________ __, 1869 at __________, Illinois; died on __________ __, 1909 at __________, Illinois; buried in Springdale Cemetery in Peoria, Peoria County, Illinois.
2. John Edward Kilver, born c. December __, 1874 in ___________, Illinois.
3. Henry Kilver, January 7, 1877 in Peoria, Illinois; married to Bridget Reilly; Henry died on December 17, 1944 in Peoria, Illinois; his mortal remains were buried on December 20, 1944 in Peoria, very likely in Springdale Cemetery;
4. Joseph Kilver, born about November 20, 1880/82 in Peoria, Illinois; the last years of his life he resided in Elmhurst, Dupage County, Illinois where he was a School Janitor; He was married to Margaret __________ on __________ __, 19__; Joseph died on November 14, 1947 in Chicago, Cook County, Illinois; His mortal remains were laid to rest in the Oakridge Cemetery in Proviso, Cook County, Illinois on November 17, 1947.
5. Harry J. Kilver, born c. May __, 1884/85 in Illinois.
In the 1879 Peoria City Directory, Henry Kilver is listed as being a Cooper and resides at 230 Madison in Peoria.
At the time of the 1900 census Henry and his family are found in what is called Ward 7 in the City of Peoria, Peoria Township, Peoria County, Illinois;
Household Gender Age Birthplace
head Henry Kilver M 60 Illinois
wife Mary Kilver F 58 Germany
son Fred Kilver M 31 Illinois
son Edward Kilver M 26 Illinois
son Henry Kilver M 24 Illinois
son Joseph Kilver M 20 Illinois
son Harry J Kilver M 15 Illinois
boarder Edward Loverkamp M 50 Illinois
At the time of the 1910 census, Henry J. Kilver is found in Ward 8 of the City of Peoria, Illinois;
Household Gender Age Birthplace
self Henry Kilver M 70y Illinois
son Henry Kilver M 33y Illinois
Bridget Kelver F 30y Illinois
Kenneth Kelver M 1y 6m Illinois
Wilhelmina "Minnie" (Temmink) Kilver died on November 23, 1922 in Peoria, Illinois. Her mortal remains were laid to rest on November 26, 1922 in Springdale Cemetery in Peoria, Illinois.
by Baxter B. Fite III
(Baxter would enjoy hearing from anyone, especially descendants of the Kilver family, who might be able to add to the biographical material that we have on Henry J. Kilver and the Kilver family. Baxter would also love to see copies of any photographs of Henry J. Kilver, which may have survived the years, added to his Find A Grave site for all to see.)
Springdale Cemetery and Mausoleum
Plot: Greenwood Terrace
Created by: Baxter B. Fite III
Record added: Nov 07, 2010
Find A Grave Memorial# 61236491
Rest in Peace!|
Added: Feb. 9, 2013