South Carolina, USA
Solomon Kemp, farmer, was born 1787 in Greenville District, South Carolina; removed to Gwinnett County, Georgia, then Cobb County. He died in 1866 and was buried in the Kemp Cemetery in Cobb County (no marker). Wife, Sarah (born 1800), born South Carolina.
- from "The Georgia Frontier" by Jeannette Holland Austin
In searching for info on my own family lines which include the Hudson family, I've been lucky to have people share info on the Kemps. I'm simply passing it along and I hope it helps.
Moses Kemp was born 1749 in Wake Cty, N.C. Death in 1802 in Greenville
Cty,S.C. Married Susan Mary Tate
1. Sarah Kemp Hudson
2. Moses Kemp
3. Richard Kemp
4. Aaron Kemp
5. Hicksey Kemp
6. Solomon Kemp
Born 1787 in S.C. Death about 1866 in Cobb Cty, GA. Married Clarissa Benson.
1. Wiley B. Kemp b: Dec 17, 1809, Greenville, S.C.
2. Frankey B. Kemp b: Feb 14, 1811, Greenville, S.C.
3. Nancy B. Kemp b: Nov 5, 1813, S.C.
4. Mahala Melinda Kemp [Goodwin] b: Dec 21, 1815, Greenville, S.C.
5. Clarinda Kemp b: Feb 14, 1817, Greenville, S.C.
6. Early Burrell Kemp b: May 19, 1820, Greenville, S.C.
7. John Berry Kemp b: Dec 25, 1822, Gwinnett Cty, GA.
8. Jemima Adeline Kemp b: Aug 24, 1824, Gwinnett Cty, GA.
9. Solomon Mason Kemp b: Jan 1, 1825
10. William Henry Kemp b: May 25,1827, Gwinnett Cty, GA.
11. James Starling Kemp b: May 16, 1829, Gwinnett Cty, GA.
12. Elizabeth Kemp b: Nov 9, 1831, Cobb Cty, GA.
Mahala Melinda Kemp m. Charles Goodwin and lived on the old Sandtown Rd near her father Solomon. She was a widow in the 1860 census with sons John, Iverson, Henry, and Vestor, and daughter Narcissa. She is buried in Mars Hill Cemetery. Her brother, Wiley B. Kemp, is also buried there.
Nancy Durham (1813 - 1907)*
John Berry Kemp (1822 - 1899)*
William Henry Kemp (1827 - 1901)*
James Starling Kemp (1829 - 1896)*
Plot: No Marker
Created by: Janet
Record added: Feb 12, 2008
Find A Grave Memorial# 24576664
Added: Feb. 24, 2015
Added: Jun. 30, 2014
Solomon Kemp and Clarissa "Clary" Benson are my 4th g grandparents-(My lineage-(Their Daug.Clorinda-1814-1890)-Her Son (Franklin R Poor-1838-1862)-His Daug.(Louisa (Mary Loula) Poor-1862-1930)Her Son( Belton Lee Kuykendall-1894-1924)His Daug (Lillian Guyr...(Read more)|
Cheryl Lowe Osborne
Added: Jul. 14, 2013