|Birth: ||Feb. 4, 1858|
|Death: ||Aug. 7, 1937|
Isabelle F. Jones, born 04 FEB 1858, died 07 AUG 1937. Married William Shelton Anderson. 11 children from this marriage. Both are interred in Ephesus Primitive Baptist Church Cemetery, Bulloch County, GA.
Isabelle is the granddaughter of Daniel Eastwood Jones (b. 1787, d. 1864) and Susannah Miller (b. 1793, d. 1880). His wife"s father was William Miller (born 1759, died 1837) and her mother was Amy Barker (born 1760, died 1831).
Isabelle is the daughter of William M. Jones (1813 - 1877) and Nancy Hendricks (1820 - 1907) both are interred in the privately owned Thomas Nevil Cemetery, Register Community, Bulloch County, Georgia. The current owner of the land on which the cemetery sits is owned by the great great grandson of Isabelle's parents and is the great grandson of Isabelle's sister Mary E. Jones Nevil (1838 - 1927).
Isabelle F. Jones is a member of a large family and her siblings are listed below (a couple are still being sought, i.e., Louise and Amy 'Anna'):
1. Louise Jones, b. unknown, d. unknown.
2. Mathew 'Mack' Jones, b. 16 MAY 1835, d. 21 SEP 1904. Married on 06 JUL 1860 to Emily 'Emma' Nevil, daughter of Jacob Nevil Jr. and Elvina Kirkland. 11 children from this marriage.
3. Mary E. Jones, b. 12 JUL 1838, d. 12 DEC 1927. Married 1st Thomas Nevil, b. 12 MAR 1808, d. 21 OCT 1870. Four children from this marriage:
a. Peter Love Nevil
b. Simon Lamar Nevil/Neville
c. Charles 'Charlie' John Nevil/Neville
d. Thomas 'Tom' Butler Nevil
4. Amy 'Anna' Jones, b. About 1843, d. Before 1930. Married John Banks.
5. Martin Eastwood Jones, (CSA Veteran) b. 27 DEC 1844, in Lumpkin County, GA, d. 05 MAY 1925, in Bulloch County, interred in Ephesus Primitive Baptist Church Cemetery, Bulloch County, GA. Married 3 times. Married 1st Mary 'Polly' Sumerlin on 27 APR 1981. b. About 1856, d. Unknown. (2 children: (a) William 'Billy' Jones, b. About 1874, d. After 1960 near Miami, Florida. (b) John T. Jones, b. 1877, d. 17 OCT 1950, buried in Salem Primitive Baptist Church Cemetery, Sidney, Hillsborough County, Florida. Martin divorced Mary 'Polly' and married 2nd Sally 'Sallie' E. Lanier, b. 06 AUG 1847, d. 28 JAN 1897. Five (5) children from this marriage. (a) Calley D. Jones, (b) Norman Jones, ( c) Daniel Webster Jones, (d) Annie Elizabeth Jones, and (e) Mary Alice Jones. Sally died and Martin married 3rd, a Widow, Ella J. Durrence Ennis, b. 03 FEB 1874, d. 30 APR 1942. Ella was a widow of Thomas Durrence with two minor children Tom and Lula Durrence. Martin and Ella had 4 children: (a) Ollie J. Jones, b. 19 AUG 1906 d. 07 JUN 1907. (b) Randford Jones, b. 18 DEC 1901, d. 07 JAN 1902. ( c) Samuel Gordon Jones, b. 13 APR 1903, d. 08 JAN 2006, and (d) Ethel Marguerite Jones, b. 01 NOV 1908, d. 18 MAR 1997 (Married Alfred Jackson Bowen and together had seven children).
6. Jane Jones, b. 17 JUN 1849, Dahlonega, GA (Lumpkin County, GA), d. 27 JUN 1925, Candler County, GA. Married William Cartee and together had 9 children.
7. James Wesley Jones, b. 07 JAN 1850, d. 12 MAR 1912. Married Susan Callaway. Six children from this marriage.
8. Martha Jones, b. 08 JAN 1852, Lumpkin County, GA, d. 08 DEC 1944, Candler County, GA. Married Farrer 'Dock' Cartee - 9 children from this marriage. Both interred in Lake Church Cemetery, Candler County, GA.
9. George Asbury 'Berry' Jones, b. 11 MAR 1854, d. 11 OCT 1921. Married Jincy Ann Anderson. 9 children from this marriage. Both are interred in Ephesus Primitive Baptist Church Cemetery, Bulloch County, GA.
10. Nancy Luvicy Jones, b. 15 MAR 1856, d. 13 FEB 1947. Married Rev. David Levi Callaway. 8 children from this marriage. Both are interred in Anderson Church Cemetery, near Collins, in Tattnall County, GA.
11. Isabelle F. Jones, b. 04 FEB 1858, d. 07 AUG 1937. Married William Shelton Anderson. 11 children from this marriage. Both are interred in Ephesus Primitive Baptist Church Cemetery, Bulloch County, GA.
12. Missouri Ann Virginia Jones, b. 10 MAY 1860, d. 18 JUL 1934. Married Colonel 'Kernie' Harrison Anderson. Both are interred in Union Baptist Church Cemetery, Bulloch County, Georgia. Several children from this marriage.
13. Ezekiel William Jones, b. 01 APR 1861, d. 02 DEC 1930. Married Sarah Ann Callaway, sister of Susan Callaway who married James Wesley Jones. Seven children from this marriage.
Family of Isabelle F. Jones and William Shelton Anderson:
Isabelle F. Jones married William Shelton Anderson, b. 23 Oct 1857 d. 04 Jan 1926 and she was his 2nd wife. His first wife, Rebecca Millie Wilkinson, b. 18 Feb 1860, d. 30 May 1882 was the mother of two children fathered by William Shelton Anderson (William Onley Anderson and Ora Pauline Anderson) before his 1st wife died on 30 May 1882. After his 1st wife’s death, ISABELLE F. JONES, married William Shelton Anderson.
This marriage resulted in the birth of eleven (11) children (eight daughters and three sons). They are listed below in birth order:
(1.) Ellen M. Anderson, b. 15 Feb 1884, d. 28 Jan 1954, burial Ephesus Church Cemetery, Bulloch County, Georgia.
(2.) Nancy Florrie Anderson, b. 06 Jun 1885, d. 30 Nov 1967, burial Ephesus Church Cemetery, Bulloch County, Georgia.
(3.) Mary Alice Anderson, b. 07 Nov 1886, d. 11 Dec 1972, burial Macedonia Cemetery, Bulloch County, Georgia
(4.) Edmond Leon Anderson, b. 06 Sep 1888, d. 19 Jun 1964, Married Eliza Leona Rushing (1888-1977). Both are interred in Pine Level Church Cemetery, Alma, Bacon County, Georgia.
(5.) Augusta ‘Gussie’ Mae Anderson, b. 26 Jun 1890, d. 12 Mar 1990, burial Ephesus Church Cemetery, Bulloch County, Georgia.
(6.) Omelia Jane Anderson, b. 26 Jan 1892, d. 08 Feb 1967, married Cleveland McCorkle, b. 13 Oct 1885, d. 27 Dec 1969, both are buried in Ephesus Church Cemetery, Bulloch County, Georgia. Four children from this marriage:
1st - Quinton McCorkle, b. 28 Oct 1909
2nd - Rupert Orville McCorkle, b. 12 Aug 1912
3rd - Christine McCorkle, b. 13 Dec 1914
4th - Antoinette McCorkle, b. 08 Sep 1916, d. 08 Jul 2006, married 1st Charles Marlin ‘C. M.’ Nevil, b. 08 Feb 1912, d. 14 May 1966 and together had three children, Tony M. Nevil, Mack Nevil and Ida Jane Nevil. Antoinette married 2nd Felix B. DeLoach, born 02 Dec 1909, d. 04 Feb 1984 (No children from this marriage). Antoinette is interred in Lower Lotts Creek Church Cemetery, Bulloch County, Georgia beside her first husband Charles Marlin ‘C.M.‘ Nevil.
(7.) Penelia Anderson, b. Jan 1893, d. Unknown. Still searching.
(8.) Laura Belle Anderson, (a twin) b. 11 Apr 1894, d. 15 Jun 1988, burial Ephesus Church Cemetery, Bulloch County, Georgia.
(9.) Shelton Loyd Anderson, (a twin) b. 11 Apr 1894, d. 17 Feb 1981, burial Ephesus Church Cemetery, Bulloch County, Georgia.
(10.) Vera Melvin Anderson, b. 13 Jun 1896, d. May 1992. She married (name unknown at time of this writing) and she and her husband died in the State of New Jersey, however their burial location is unknown at this time.
(11.) Wyoming Tecumseh Anderson, b. 22 Nov 1898, d. 06 Jan 1958, married Carolyn B. Anderson, b. 18 Apr 1910, d. 25 Jan 1971. He and his wife are interred side-by-side in East View Cemetry, East Atlanta, DeKalb County, Georgia.
This Biography is a WORK IN PROGRESS and will be updated with a list of all her children, and corrected, as necessary, until finalized! Written, 18 Sep 201, by William Kenneth Bowen, the Great Grandson of Isabelle's parents, William M. Jones and Nancy Hendricks Jones, the Grandson of Isabelle's brother, Martin Eastwood Jones, and the Son of Isabelle's niece, Ethel Marguerite Jones Bowen, on this the 18th day of September, 2014. Updated Friday, 17 Feb 2015.
William M. Jones (1813 - 1877)
Nancy Hendricks Jones (1820 - 1907)
William Shelton Anderson (1857 - 1926)*
Ellen F Anderson (1884 - 1954)*
Mary Alice Anderson Williams (1886 - 1972)*
Edmond Leon Anderson (1888 - 1964)*
Augusta Mae Anderson Anderson (1890 - 1990)*
Omelia Jane Anderson McCorkle (1892 - 1967)*
Shelton Loyd Anderson (1894 - 1981)*
Wyoming Tecumseh Anderson (1898 - 1958)*
Mathew Jones (1833 - 1904)*
Mary E. Jones (1838 - 1927)*
Martin Eastwood Jones (1844 - 1925)*
Jane Jones Cartee (1849 - 1925)*
James Wesley Jones (1850 - 1912)*
Martha Jones Cartee (1852 - 1944)*
George Asberry Jones (1854 - 1921)*
Nancy Luvicy Jones Callaway (1856 - 1947)*
Isabelle F. Jones Anderson (1858 - 1937)
Missouri Ann Virginia Jones Anderson (1860 - 1934)*
Ezekiel William Jones (1861 - 1930)*
Maintained by: WILLIAM K. Bowen
Originally Created by: Beverly Houdek
Record added: Nov 14, 2006
Find A Grave Memorial# 16643506
Your descendants appreciate the sacrifices made during those times you lived in and through raising your family.|
WILLIAM K. Bowen
Added: Oct. 2, 2014
Added: Nov. 21, 2011