|Birth: ||Nov. 2, 1874, Wales|
|Death: ||Dec. 27, 1910|
Burned by a Kerosene lamp which exploded in her home.
Mrs. Paul [Sic] James of 16 Dexter street, Lee Park, who was burned by an exploding oil lamp early yesterday morning, died at Mercy Hospital last night shortly after 9 o'clock. The body was removed to Kniffen's morgue to be prepared for burial.
Pathetic circumstances surrounded the fatal accident. Mrs. James was only 37 years of age. She leaves five children, the oldest being about 19 years old. Left alone in the house with her three smallest children, she was not content to retire. Her husband was away working and her two older boys had gone out to an entertainment. After putting the little ones to bed the woman remained downstairs. She was apparently reading when the accident occurred and had fallen asleep tipping over the lamp, which exploded.
A young man living near by saw a bright blaze through a window of the James home and going over found Mrs. James lying on the floor with her clothing almost burned from her body. He quickly smothered the flames and realizing that the woman was fatally burned, telephoned for an ambulance. When Mercy Hospital was reached the woman was in a semi-consciousness and remained in that state until death came.
The Wilkes-Barre Record, 28 Dec 1910, Page 5
Created by: Sister Sonya
Record added: Aug 19, 2014
Find A Grave Memorial# 134579357