|Death: ||Jan. 14, 1934|
Paul Haen, son of Mr & Mrs Henry Haen of Ottawa and Mrs Pearl Hunter of Muskogee, OK were found dead late Sunday afternoon in a rooming house in Joplin, MO they were victims of asphyxiation from fumes of a gas stove.
The bodies were discovered by the owner of the house who had rented the room to Mrs. Hunter. The couple had been dead at least eight hours officers said.
Mrs Hunter and Haen are believed to have gone to the room after 5:30 am Sunday Morning as Mrs Hunter and a man companion, believed to have been Haen, appeared at the police station at that hour and reported the theft of a fur coat at a night club.
Mr & Mrs Haen and F.R. McVey left Ottawa Sunday night for Joplin.
Funeral services were held Wednesday morning at the Sacred Heart Catholic Church in Ottawa and burial was in the Waverly cemetery.
The Haen family formerly lived in Prairie Vew neighborhood and later ran a restaurant in Waverly before moving to Ottawa.
Paul graduated from high school here in 1928 and from Ottawa Univ in 1932. At the time of his death he was working for the Fuller Brush Co.
Created by: June Rickman Butler
Record added: Feb 26, 2011
Find A Grave Memorial# 66164374
|Photos may be scaled.|
Click on image for full size.