|Birth: ||Jan. 10, 1889|
|Death: ||May 15, 1965|
Anna Clara was born on Janurary 10th 1889 the daughter of John Ananias Eckroat and Mary Catharine Baechler. See bio: John Ananias Eckroat and Mary Catharine (Baechler) Eckroat
Sister Mary Philomena Eckroat, 75, died Saturday at Mt. St. Mary's Academy. Requiem mass will be at 4 p.m. Monday at the convent, with burial in Resurrection Cemetery, directed by Smith & Kerneke Funeral Home.
Sister Mary was born in Scribner, Neb. She entered the convent in 1909 and had taught in several schools in Oklahoma.
Survivors include a sister, Mrs. Lilly King, Yates Center, Kan., and five brothers, frank, Mission, Texas, and John, William, Dan and Paul, all of Oklahoma City.
Anna Clara became Sister Mary Philomena in the order of the Sisters of Mercy.
She celebrated 50 year Jubilee in the Sisters of Mercy on Jan. 1st 1962, a nursing and teaching order. In her last days she lived and died in Mt. Saint Mary's Convent in Oklahoma City. She passed away in her sleep.
Anna Clara Eckroat was the fourth of twelve children born of John Ananias and Mary Catharine Baechler. Her biological brothers and sisters were:
1. Franklin Peter (24 Nov 1882-15 June 1966) who married on 14 Feb 1906, Rosa Frances Kobler (born 11th February 1890). He lived his married life in Mission, Texas.
2. Mary Magdeline who married Sebastian Koelsch; they had 8 children and lived the married life in Midwest City, OK
3. Charles William who married Mary Louise King. They had two children Amelda and Ted; Ted married Vivian Schroeder. Ted lived in Jones, OK. Ted had 7 children.
4. Anna Clara (Sister M. Philomena ) died 1965 Mount St. Mary's OK.
5. Lillian Gertrude who married John F. King
6. John Ananias Jr. who married Margaret Kobler Jones, OK (John Ananias, Jr. lived at 63rd and Midwest Blvd. in Oklahoma City, OK.)
7. William Michael (19 July 1895 Ok-21 Feb 1974) on 12 Feb 1919 married Mary Alice Hall and had 3 children: William M. Jr. (married to Katherine Kloiber), Arthur Vincent Eckroat (married to Margaret Flynn and had three sons) and Rosemary (married Leonard L. Baechle L.L. Bachle [Leo] and had 6 children)
8. Daniel Edward married Mabel Beavin at Sacred Heart Church in OKC on Dec. 31, 1924
9. Rose Isabella married Edward S. Swierczynski
10. Lawrence Vincent married Olivia Imhoff
11. Louis Anthony b. 1904 d. 1905 (Died of flypaper while napping)
12. Paul Henry married Rita McGrath
She is buried in Resurrection Cemetery just east of the Mosuleum were the other Sisters of Mercy are buried.
Please note Generations:Anna Clara(6), John Ananias(5),Jacob D.(4),Daniel(3),George Nicolaus(2),John(1)
John Ananias Eckroat (1857 - 1926)
Mary Catherine Baechler Eckroat (1863 - 1943)
Franklin Peter Eckroat (1882 - 1966)*
Mary Magdaline Eckroat Koelsch (1884 - 1958)*
Charles William Eckroat (1887 - 1942)*
Anna Clara Eckroat (1889 - 1965)
Lillian Gertrude Eckroat King (1891 - 1965)*
John Albert Eckroat (1892 - 1978)*
William Michael Eckroat (1895 - 1974)*
Daniel Edward Eckroat (1899 - 1995)*
Lawrence Vincent Eckroat (1902 - 1952)*
Louis Anthony Eckroat (1904 - 1905)*
Paul Henry Eckroat (1907 - 1992)*
Resurrection Memorial Cemetery
Created by: Joseph
Record added: May 25, 2008
Find A Grave Memorial# 27072578