|Birth: ||Feb. 20, 1844|
|Death: ||Dec. 17, 1928|
Daughter of Silas East and Harriet Canty Houze. She married Joel Colley Autry on 11 Dec 1870 in Clarke County, GA. She inherited all the land of her father, Silas East and denoted some land for the Eastville School and courthouse.
Bettie and Joel's children included:
1. Annie Autry b. 10-19-1871 d. 2-20-1882. Buried by parents in Eastville at Rays Chapel Methodist Church.
2. Eugenia Fannie Autry b. 1873 d. 1952 m. W. C. Warren b. 5-13-1867 d.0-15-1926.
3. Josiah A. Autry b. 1875 d. 1947 m. Pearl Dooley on 5-8-1898 who d. in 1943. Both are buried in Rays Chapel Methodist Church Cemetery in Oconee Co., GA.
4. James P. Autry b. 9-1877 m. on 7-25-1908 Eudora Maxey. (Eudora) Eulator Maxey, On her gravestone it is Eulalor. He was a vetnarian in Stateham, GA.
5. Wallie B. Autry b. 4-1880 d. 1960 when he sold his part of the Estate. Lived in East Point, GA.
6. Samuel L. Autry b. 1882 d. 1963 m. on 11-25-1903 Lona May Arthur b. 1883 d. 1976. Daughters: Jessie Mathews, Lillian m. Zinn Garrett, Sallie Maude Lovern, Mildred Cantrell, Runell Rivers.
7. Asa Gwynn Autry b. 7-7-1884 d.6-25-1937 m. on l2-18-l905 to Clyde Maxey, daughter of James Maxey and Louisa Butler b. 5-3-1888 d. 2-26-1963. Additional Information: (Eudora) Eulator Maxey is the half sister of Clyde Maxey.
8. Olivia Autry b. 7-1887. Went by Levy. Married Ed Dooley.
Son: Lamar (owner Village Drugs pharmacists Princeton Ave., Athens)
Silas East (1796 - 1868)
Harriet Canty Houze East (1808 - 1846)
Joel C. Autry (1850 - 1919)
Josiah Atticus Autry (1875 - 1943)*
Darius Thomas East (1834 - ____)*
Silas East (1836 - 1862)*
William East (1841 - 1862)*
Malinda East Glosson Snow (1841 - 1920)*
Elizabeth East Autry (1844 - 1928)
Rays Chapel Methodist Church Cemetery
Created by: Donnie East
Record added: Mar 18, 2007
Find A Grave Memorial# 18500277