Oct. 8, 1904 Hebron Tolland County Connecticut, USA
Oct. 17, 1923 Willimantic Windham County Connecticut, USA
Eva was home on Oct. 17,1923 it was 6:30 in the morning, she was getting ready to make breakfast for her family. Years ago family's would use kerosene to light the fires in there stoves. When Eva was lighting the stove, there was an explosion,which caused a house fire. Eva and her husband Raymond,worked frantically to get there 2 sons out of the house. Raymond kicked out one of the windows and dropped the children out on the ground, a matter of 3 or 4 feet. Raymond went back to help his wife get out of the fire. Raymond was unable to save his wife. Eva passed away within 15 minutes of the fire.