|Birth: ||Jun. 1, 1860|
|Death: ||Dec. 28, 1928|
Monroe (Ouachita Parish)
Son of Berton Green Daniel and Elizabeth Rayner Daniel Baker Sims. Was an overseer for Davenport land.
Aunt Frankie said, "If Daddy ever made it to heaven it would be on Mama's coat tail."
John Little Daniel was mistaken for J.L. (James Leon) Daniel - father of Watt Daniel. Erroneous news article below. The illness, age, and survivors are listed correctly. Only the relation to Watt Daniel is in error.
John Little Daniel and Watt's father, James Leon Daniel, were first cousins. J.L. Daniel was a witness to the wedding of John Little and Claudie Augusta Yeldell. His signature is on the marriage certificate to the right.
Error on headstone for both John Little and Claudie Augusta. S often added to end of name. Correct name is Daniel - singular.
The News - Star (Monroe, LA)
December 29, 1928
Page 11, Column 3
JOHN L. DANIELS DIES HERE AFTER AN OPERATION
Was Father of Man Who Disappeared at Mer Rouge.
John Little Daniels, aged 68, died following an operation at a local hospital last night.
Daniels had spent almost his entire life in Mer Rouge where he had been engaged in business. Five months ago he removed from that city to Monroe and had since lived at 500 North Fifth street.
He is survived by his wife, four daughters and two sons. These are: Mrs. A.B. Sisson, of Mer Rouge; Mrs. C.E. Odom of Monroe; Mrs. W.M. Logan of Monroe; Mrs. Byron Mobley of Monroe; Cedric Daniels of Mer Rouge and B.E. Daniel of Beaumont, Texas.
The body was sent to Mer Rouge this morning and the funeral will be held there this afternoon, being conducted by Reverend Wilson, pastor of the mer Rouge Methodist church. Interment will take place in the cemetery there.
About six years ago the Daniels family came into the spotlight due to the mysterious disappearance of a son, Watt T. Daniels [sic Filmore Watt Daniel]. Foul play was alleged and trials of members of the Ku Klux Klan, held at Bastrop, attracted nationwide attention.
Married Claudie Augusta Yeldell Daniel.
1. Etta Mae Daniel Sisson (b. Dec. 12, 1886 - d. May 1967?)Married Oct. 8, 1907 to Albert Boudreau Sisson (b. July 5,1883-d. Nov. 19, 1946), Mer Rouge, LA
2. Myrtle Estelle "Mutt" Daniel Logan (Feb. 1, 1893-April 21, 1994 Married May 27, 1917 William Marshall "WM" Logan, Monroe, LA
3. Katie Bell Daniel Odom Evans Campbell (b. 1895) & later married S.T. "Hump" Campbell, Augusta, Georgia. Katie was beautiful and often stole Mutt's boyfriends. :)
As the story goes, Katie married Clarence E. Odom as a young woman (but should have married another man). Had two children, Little Clarence and Myrtle Elise. One night CC Odom went out for an errand and never returned. Had gambling debts and embezzled money from the railroad. Katie had two more husbands. Mr. Evans and then the love of her life, Hump.
Son Sisson, Katie's nephew, says that he ran into Clarence in Hawaii during the war. Son was crossing a body of water on a boat with the jeep assigned to him. Son noticed that another man on the boat was watching him. The sgt in charge called out Son's name, "Hey, Sisson!" Later the man walked up to Son and started a conversation. He never told Son his name but he mentioned people from Mer Rouge, Louisiana. Son finally put it together that this man was Aunt Katie's missing husband. After the war, Son told Katie. Later, Katie went to California after the war and was with Clarence when he died in a VA hospital. She never told her mother.
4. Francis Ilene "Frankie" Daniel Mobley Parker (b. 5/21/1908- d. 7/14/1998), Monroe, LA married Jerry O. Parker - buried Forest Law, Hollywood Hills, Los Angeles, CA. Also married a Mr. Mobley but refused to speak of him. Frankie had a funny story about her dad. He always had a heavy mustache. Once he shaved it off. None of the kids would have anything to do with him until it grew back in.
5. Margarette (died as a child) Was running through the house and fell. A pencil stuck through her throat. Story of Margarette from Alice Yeldell Sisson. Bonnie can find no reference to Margarette in Known Burials of Morehouse Parish. Mystery
6. John Cedrick "Skeeter" Daniel, Mer Rouge, LA
Had a drinking problem as a young man. First wife was Antone Poy (sp). No children and divorced. Then married "Aunt Eula". Lived in Rayville. Quit drinking after second marriege. Had a son named Danny. Found Skeeter in the Masonic Cemetery in Rayville, Richland Parish, Louisiana. Now looking for wife Eula. No sign of Danny yet.
7. Berton E. "Budd" Daniel, Beaumont, TX - known as Uncle Budd. Veteran of WWI. Uncle Budd did not have enough money to buy a wedding ring for his wife. His sister, Etta, gave him hers. Etta wore a plain band for the rest of her life. Bud a child named Jack who committed suicide at 21.
John Little Daniel died of acute ruptured appendecitis. General peritonitis (sp) handwritten death certificate.
Info from Family History Club & Known Burials of Morehouse Parish, memories of Alice Yeldell Sisson, Frances Ileen "Aunt Frankie" Daniel Parker and Johnetta Sisson Wilhite Bell.
Berton Green Daniel (1837 - 1869)
Elizabeth Rayner Sims (1840 - 1885)
Claudie Augusta Yeldell Daniel (1867 - 1931)*
Etta Mae Daniel Sisson (1885 - 1967)*
Clarence Daniel (1886 - 1886)*
Berton Enoch Daniel (1889 - 1967)*
Myrtle Estelle Daniel Logan (1893 - 1994)*
Katie Belle Daniel Campbell (1896 - 1991)*
Lola Daniel (1898 - 1900)*
John Cedrick Daniels (1900 - 1969)*
Minnie H. Daniel (1903 - 1908)*
Elizabeth Daniel (1905 - 1905)*
Frances Ilene Daniel Parker (1908 - 1998)*
Bonne Idee Cemetery
Maintained by: Bonnie Sisson Manning
Originally Created by: Lora Peppers
Record added: Dec 15, 2009
Find A Grave Memorial# 45467266