|Birth: ||Feb. 8, 1888|
|Death: ||May 14, 1977|
Husband was Joseph Franklin Bolsinger, parents were John Cole and Mary Angel.
Alta was a woman that like the quiet home life of family and friends coming for their friendly visits. Alta also enjoyed playing cards and gardening. Alta was of meduim build, approximately 5'3", 150 pounds. her long beautiful red hair was drawm up in a bun placed in the back or on top of her head. In her later years she had it cut short.
Alta being a busy woman as she was, made all of her children's colthing, raised a big garden, doing all the canning she could for their winter supply of food, churning their supply of butter, gathering their supply of eggs from the large flock of chickens she raised each year. In the spring thee was the tapping of maple trees, of which she boiled down to make maple syrup. In the summer there were blackberries, raspberries and gooseberries to be picked from the woods, some of which were sold to extra income and gathering nuts were extra work it was a change from daily chores. Chores in those day were just as much a drudge as they are now, execpt then there were ashes to be cleaned from the stove, firewood to split and carry and water to be carried from the spring.
There were many trials and tribulations connected with farm life in those days. There was a lot of hard work to be done, but it eas joint effort, family working together from sun-up to sundown just to survive.
Alta's brothers and sisters are:
1.James, Born Sept 11, 1882, married to Isabelle Parsons, parents of 6 children: 1. Clete Russel, 2. Grace, married John Edward Meyers, 3. Susie, Married Ed Billmeyer, 4. Oscar, married Betty Smock 5. Russel, married Dorothy Jaeger, 6. Effie, married Allen Sclotz
2. Sarah buried at Hopkinton city Cemetery, Ia, married Perry Parsons. Parents of 4 children: 1. Jim married twice, 1. Clara Bolsigner, 2. Nellie Sickles; 2.Della, married Guy Toms, 3. Albert married minnie Turner Davis, 4. Myrtle, married Clarence Chapmann.
Sarah's second marriage to Joe Yonkovie, they had one child, Roy, married Lucille Chapman.
3. Bert, buried at Oakhill Cemetery, Lansing, IA, married Jessie Parsons, buried at Oakhill Cemetery, Lansing, IA, parnets of 6 kids; 1. Bertha, married John Hill, 2. John William, married Betty Schoberts, 3. Blanch may married Bill Sickles, 4. Verna, married Otto Schoberts, 5. Arthur, married Artis Wilder, 6. Martha married Phillip Jensen
4.Myrtle, buried Fairview Cemetery Earlville, Ia, married Michael Pirc, 5 kids in this marriage; 1. Ralph, married Valare Lindley, 2. Mary, married Lawrence Bacon, 3. Gerald, married Ruth Huggens,4. Laura, 5. Frances, married Marilyn Rausch.
5. Fred, buried at Davenport, Ia, married twice,1. Florence Davis, 3 kids in this marriage; 1. George, 2. Mary, married Howard Courts, 3. Boice, married Stella Applebee,
second wife: Anna Mae Bloodsworth, this marriage were 6 kids, 1. Willie "Bill", married Gladys Bolsigner, 2. Ralph marreid Wilma Scoval, second wife; Mona, 3. Elmer married Barbara Carnider, 4. Junior, married Toni Blanchard, 5. Ervin, married Frances Peck, 6 Francis " Pete" married Barbara Carnider Cole
6. Mike, married Addie Chambers, 5 kids in this marriage, 1. Frank, 2. Merton, 3. Mabel, 4. Hazel, 5. Edith
7. Lillian Ann, buried Oakhill Cemetery, Colesburg, Ia, married Charley Davis, nine kids in this marriage;
1. Fanny, 2. Merle, 3. Mary, 4. Roy, 5. Clarence, 6. Minnie, 7. Dorothy, 8. Cletus, 9. Virginia
8. Joe buried Hopkinton City cemetery, Ia, married Alice Bolinger, 4 kids in this marriage 1. Sara, 2. Charles, 3. Ray, 4. Harold, Joe's second wife, Margaret Ahrenson, 4 kids in this marriage,; 1.Betty,, 2, Mildred, 3. Carol, 4. James
John Cole (1857 - 1909)
Mary Ann Angel Cole Livingston (1858 - 1925)
Joseph Franklin Bolsinger (1881 - 1971)
Lulu Mary Bolsinger Robbins (1905 - 1992)*
Clarence Edward Bolsinger (1907 - 1982)*
Florence Bolsinger Davis (1910 - 1968)*
Elizabeth Ann "Lizzie" Bolsinger Horstman (1913 - 1966)*
Addie Mae Bolsinger Radabaugh (1915 - 1991)*
Elmer Bolsinger (1918 - 2011)*
Blanche Violet Bolsinger Staebler (1920 - 2014)*
Lorence Virgie Bolsinger (1923 - 2004)*
Gladys Mary Bolsinger Cole (1925 - 2001)*
Glen William Bolsinger (1927 - 2002)*
Irene Mae Bolsinger Hansel (1930 - 2005)*
James W. Cole (1881 - 1982)*
Sarah Ellen Cole Yonkovic (1884 - 1957)*
Bert Cole (1885 - 1968)*
Myrtle M. Cole Pirc (1888 - 1971)*
Alta Cole Bolsinger (1888 - 1977)
Fred Cole (1890 - 1962)*
Michael Henry Cole (1893 - 1977)**
Lillian Ann Cole Davis (1894 - 1962)*
Maintained by: Mary McCormick
Originally Created by: J Humphrey
Record added: Jun 08, 2006
Find A Grave Memorial# 14542093